Coronavirus--Taiwan developments

Big discussion in today’s presser about mask safety.

And Changhua still on the warpath…

This might be slightly off topic but does anyone know if Taiwan is still subsidizing quarantine hotels for arrivals or did they discontinue it already?

Pretty much how Taiwanese run their lives. Stay at home only go out in groups. Forage in packs. Queue for hours for shit food. Rinse and repeat.

Changhua can go fornicate itself.

How many days now since a local case? I’ve lost count.

NZ is on, ah, two.

That wasn’t only Asia , also happened in Ireland

I’m not too familiar with the causes of hepatitis epidemic in Taiwan but I remember hearing a big part of it was due to reusing needles.

Did you ever hear about the bad batch of vaccines though? I’m pretty sure I didn’t dream it.

I don’t recall it but I Also haven’t looked into it that much.

One imported case reported today, again from the Philippines. Our neighbours to the south really must be hurting.

Guy

And being the 500th gives you a life long free covid-19 test.

2 Likes

I heard that the prize was one Saturday per year off for one year and a buy-five-get-one-free stimulus voucher for bubble tea*.

*Registration requires a card reader. Redeemable Monday to Friday at participating outlets. Available to Taiwanese citizens only, thank you for your understanding.

2 Likes

I think it has been discontinued. See: Quarantine after August?

Or maybe some hotels just decided to raise prices and blame it on the government. Who knows…

1 Like

Eh Philippines report 6 suspect cases arrived from Taiwan.

Until the end of the year but reduced amount.

2 Likes

On the six presumed exported cases mentioned by Icon:

Authorities now tracing their contacts in Taiwan and testing them. Thankfully all negative so far.

Guy

3 Likes

Flying flu?

One of the presumed exported cases was a crew member on a ship—so perhaps one case of sailing flu.

Guy

1 Like

Isn’t it bizarre how these exports keep happening and yet none of them ever pass the virus to a contact.

Same thing happens in NZ.

6 Likes

Ok I figured it out. If 3000 Filipinos fly home six false positives is to be expected. Probably using ultra cheap test kits.

4 Likes

Yeah, one wonders where they bought them from…

I am glad that the silver lining if this plague is that there is actually some serious talk about decoupling the world’s supply chains, especially regarding medical items, from China as single source.

Cherry on top it benefits Taiwan and SEA.

6 Likes

Bit off subject however.
I went NTNU college Taipei to see if can apply for 3 month Mandarin course enabling me a 6 month student visa.
The answer was no, very good lady taking my request says she hears but not fact no foreign student visa will be issued until Spring, March - April.
So my guessing means no Tourist Visa either until Spring or later.