Coronavirus--Taiwan developments

This is actually sound advice.

2 Likes

I’ve made some charts, if anyone is interested. I have some more made, but first need to ask the CDC for some clarity on some things.

2 Likes

I feel proud of myself. I avoided mass panic by successfully shaking off an impending sneeze that had found me while riding the MRT.

4 Likes

截至本月20日,管理中的居家檢疫民眾逾3萬人,居家隔離者逾1600人,另有逾5100正進行自主健康管理

根據指揮中心統計,截至今年3月21日止,居家隔離超過4100人,其中有1600人管理中;居家檢疫共超過6.6萬人,其中逾3萬人管理中。

2 Likes

My rabbit has started moulting and I have a fur allergy… so, I dread my upcoming sneezing fits

1 Like

Link is somewhere in the main thread!

@The_Ghost Claritin can be your best friend.

1 Like

If it makes you feel better, Taipei MRT cars are disinfected thoroughly every time they complete a round.

2 Likes

Talking about promoting tourism, Kaohsiung released a video to attract Malaysian tourists…yeah, like, now.

4 Likes

Like right now!

Guy

So… this guy is now locked up in a quarantine facility because he did not have any honor to behave with common decency?

2 Likes

Hope they forget where they’ve locked him. Let him stew.

Jail for this thug

How do they do that? I’ve occasionally seen cleaners going down a moving train wiping the handrails, but I find it hard to believe they can fully clean and disinfect an entire train at the end of each trip.

That would mean cleaning all of the surfaces in an entire train at each end of every line every 5-10 mins for the whole day. They would need a literal army of cleaners. I guess they could spray something…but then they would need to wait for it to dry/dissipate before using the train again. :thinking:

A round isn’t just one trip up and down the line. The train may go up and down a few times before it’s taken out and brought to the maintenance centre like the one at Fuxinggang or Far Eastern Hospital.

1 Like

Oh okay, I thought “round” meant “trip”. Still seems like a lot of work to thoroughly disinfect an entire train though…

They could do as often as they wanted, they park one train and put another freshly cleaned one into service.

Visa run gone wrong?

Amazing.

On MRT, a guy a few rows back coughed like 10 times in a minute.

If you’ve got a cough. Stay. The. Fuck. At. Home. You. Stupid. Cunt.

I bailed and waited for the next one

6 Likes

He might have a lung disease.

Like…Coronavirus?

14 Likes