Coronavirus - Taiwan (October-December 2020)

Two more imported cases reported today:

Guy

1 Like

Four more suspected exported cases—three to Japan, one to France.

Contact tracing in Taiwan is underway.

Guy

2 Likes

More weak positives!

2 Likes

Both the Japanese men had positive tests followed by follow up negative tests. Hardly confirmed cases are they?

I wonder if we’ll get any bona fide confirmed local cases before the vaccines arrive…

1 Like

The only case that really puzzled me was the French guy, he entered Taiwan in Feb.
My money is on false positive upon retest or else he got infected by a colleague somehow since. But much more likely false positive.

1 Like

We would see them already. The virus should multiply rapidly if in the population., Especially recently.

No I know. But a NZ type scenario where the virus somehow snuck into the country. I.e. a rogue quarantine case, hitting the KTV while virus ridden.

2 Likes

Was it eventually determined that the virus entered NZ through cold storage? I lost track of what happened.

Guy

Yes and no. It first appeared in a worker at the cold storage. But despite all their best efforts they couldn’t figure out how it got there. They swabbed surfaces and they swabbed surfaces in the Aussie plant too. No virus.

3 Likes

Not sure how I feel about this . . .

Guy

Remember the Kang Hsuan boss who skipped out on quarantine and got busted? How does such an apparently rich man respond to breaking the law and being a public health hazard?

According to this report, the answer is to try to hunt down and harass people in his company he thinks blew the whistle.

Guy

12 Likes

Classic. What a peace of a hit.

8 Likes

That’s one cyclist I probably wouldn’t feel sorry about seeing plastered on the pavement.

1 Like

I hope she takes it to court and gets a big chunk of his money.

5 Likes

Three more imported cases reported today, two from the Philippines and one from Ukraine:

Guy

2 Likes

8 months in and they’re still travelling around the world.

2 Likes

Who?

Taiwanese returnees.

It’s not like they didn’t hear the memo. Yet they come back when they feel sick to take advantage of the NHI while putting all of us at risk.

7 Likes

Did you just reply to yourself? :grinning:

1 Like

Yep. Pressed the wrong button and couldn’t be arsed to delete it.

There. Now @Belgian_Pie can get his notification.