Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April-June 2022

a friends relative what works in the government?

That’s a good source right there.

My landlady’s hairdresser’s ex boyfriend claimed to abducted by aliens last week…

I wouldn’t talk. You kept repeating numbers you heard from your workplace iirc. :wink:

Those were solid. Solid numbers.

And then they weren’t…

But 100,000 a day? That’s a big number.

1 Like

In the past three days, three various people I know have tested positive. All unrelated and in completely different parts of the country. However I do work up and down the west coast with many companies so maybe I just know a lot of folks.

Just the news, no commentary.

1 Like

Depends if the QR Code was on the stall door I guess.

Who is scanning QR codes in the actual bathroom?

That’s some real r/Taiwan behavior right there

1 Like

Just remember that in Australia, within a couple of weeks of the “Let 'er Rip” announcements (ie - Border re-opening and Quarantine for the Vaccinated being abolished) that positive cases went up over 100,000. Australia has survived.

1 Like

It’s a number that makes perfect sense as an actual estimate based on the 1 percent test positivity rate at mostly asymptomatic and the number of traceability…

Its of course not the number of detected cases. They test way less

How many PCR tests have been done yesterday / on weekly basis. Is there any data?

2 Likes

“If you were in cubicle M3 of the Su’ao Service Area men’s bathroom on April 4 between 19:40 and 20:00 and unable to maintain a social distance of 1.5 meters from others in the cubicle, please monitor your health.”

2 Likes

Just got a message saying my kid’s teacher wants to practice using the equipment for online learning tonight. TONIGHT.

If they stick to the one kid per class, two in the whole school criteria, all schools will be shut within a month.

This is not a good sign.

3 Likes

Yep. You can go toe-to-toe in cramped MRTs and buses, slobber your vile “food” all over the 7-Eleven and jostle around filthy night markets, but DON’T GO TO SCHOOL!
That shit’s gonna kill ya!

I was figuring a week. I’m not sure which of us is the optimist and which the pessimist.

What would be their end game though? COVID is never going away, so what’s the point of shutting down. They need to authorize the vaccines for kids already.

1 Like

No end game, I can’t see the point of shutting down/going online.

They need to tell people straight that it isn’t going away. Everyone will get it.

what would vaccinating the kids achieve?

Unless the aim is to make the parents feel safer.

2 Likes

I have no interest in getting into a ‘vaccine =bad / vaccine = good’ debate again, but I want my kid to be vaccinated. I’m not saying it should be mandated.

2 Likes

Neither do I want that debate. Your kids are yours.

But you posted they should allow the kids to be vaccinated and I don’t see how that will solve the current problem.

It wouldn’t, but it would mean I wouldn’t (and many parents wouldn’t) worry as much about their kids getting sick. The threat is low for them, but it’s not zero.

4 Likes

That’s why I’m very curious what the policy will be going forward. I suspect soon universities will remain open, but with lots of flexibility for students who [or whose nervous parents] want to do distance learning. But it’ll be a few weeks before things are figured out.