Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April-June 2022

I wonder when logic died? Sometime during 2020?

Long Covid killed it.

Still, at least the yellow tape seems to have been retired.

1 Like

So the sports center in my area (NTC) is closed starting today through to Sunday for disinfection. There was probably a positive case. Not sure what they expect to accomplish.

I’m increasingly very much in favor of this spreading quickly, partly because this will just mess with people here.

3 Likes

Aside from elderly and otherwise compromised, do you think catching Covid is just an attention seeking device for some people now? It gives people who love talking about themselves one more thing to talk about.

2 Likes

Nah I dunno. I think it’s still something worthy of mentioning. Like if I announced I got COVID here at least a couple people would be curious about my circumstances (how did I get it? How did I feel?). That said it’s certainly not the big deal it was in 2020.

3 Likes

Had a convo with a teacher yesterday.

I was like who is going to get it first?

Bob was his guess because he loves to eat out.

I was like we are more likely to get it from one of the kids.

No, they are all vaccinated was his reply.

……

9 Likes

So Taiwan officially now wants to try wha the rest of the world failed for 2 years long before accepting reality of living with covid… hahaha

However note Chen said he expects the peak in 1-2 months. The peak will happen around the 50 percent mark of population having been infected!

If people not finding a contradiction they should go back to elementary math class.

This all confirms what I said all along. It’s been with us spreading happily since 2 months. right now the actual non manipulated numbers have gone up so much that they feel some panic is needed to actually have the peak in 1-2 months and not in 2-3 weeks. Feels like 1 in 5 people I see in Taichung is coughing… at officially like no cases. If this assumption is wrong, and the actual numbers announced reliable, no way it will peak so early.

We are being lied to big time, no matter how to turn it. It’s not possible to contain it, with peak in 1-2 months and even 5-10 times the announced numbers!

It took 3 months after the first hundreds of cases of omicron per day in Europe to be peaking. Its peaking in many countries now which were more restrictive, while the less restrictive/no restrictions at all had a peak after about 2 months.

What’s the difference between this and that other thread?

2 Likes

Tempogain explained it in the first post.

1 Like

According to a friend’s relative who works in the government, the number of daily infections have already passed 100.000. I’m not sure if this number can be accurate, because we probably would have had way more covid deaths. But, as most of us already believed, the numbers are apparently way higher than officially announced.

Take care guys.

2 Likes

Thanks, though that makes no sense to me at all.

I bet this relative works for Ko.

Did logic ever exist in Taiwan?

3 Likes

Kill everyone still inside?

It will be easy to see. If somehow deaths are way lower than elsewhere, and in the end only 5-10 percent officially got it after peaking, this number is right.

But yeah watch those numbers shoot up now. The govt knows that they need to ramp up numbers else cannot open up even though it has passed because people still believe in that zero covid lie of 2022 (it wasn’t a lie before)

Damn, they even follow you in the toilet? But no number of which toilet stall, seat number?

3 Likes

20 minutes on the toilet after eating ‘various fish’ :grin:

5 Likes

No offense to you, but sentences that start like this have really been a pain in the last two or three years

5 Likes

I also doubt this number. But I can imagine low 5 digit numbers.