Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April-June 2022

Not the same thing. My community has at least six or seven different elevators, and that’s not unusual.

I have no elevator.

2 Likes

That too!

I’m still not sure if I’ve missed a policy of testing everyone living in the same community, or if this is just a guess for what might come.

We don’t need to guess, we just know it will be like that.

So this is not a policy? This is your prediction, and it is not yet standard policy? Do I have that right?

1 Like

Not yet policy. But we know how they flip-flop on policy.

1 Like

From Taipei Times:

“An estimate based on data from South Korea points to a severe illness rate of 0.45 percent and fatality rate of 0.088 percent, he said.”

In other words, more than 99.9% of people who are “getting Covid” in SK don’t die, and over 99.5% of people don’t get seriously ill at all, they just have zero or mild symptoms. This reflects the TW rates. No need to panic or obsess.

3 Likes

My favorite pasta place in Xinzhuang: Lazy Pasta has a case. We were there the day before luckily. But the problem is, what am I gonna eat this weekend?

Might have to eat I am Pasta instead…

Wait, how long are they closing places after a case now? I had the impression it was usually just a (dumb) day of disinfection and then back to normal.

1 Like

Once. I hate Pasta. Now it’s my life.

Oh…. So you know….

Actually their spaghetti bolognese is not bad, and cheap. I also like their bread. Service is good too.

It was OK when I needed something cheap and was not difficult on the stomach when I had a stomach ulcer. While it tasted OK, the bread they gave had a sweet filling inside which was kinda odd and tasted weird when mopping up the…sauce.

The sauce is extremely runny as with most of the other pasta places here. Might as well be red water. Can’t get flavour to stick to the noodles.

1 Like

That’s my favorite :smiley:

Lmao. I see bread, I mop up sauce. Then I am tasting something like candy with the tomato sauce…

That’s just my habit though.

I miss Calabrese bread.

It’s hard as a rock and you’ll break your teeth on it. And that’s the way I love it.

3 Likes

I really miss Peck in Tienmu. They were pretty solid

Solo Pasta in Taipei City’s East District. Try the duck pasta. It’ll change everything.

Guy

One of the best. Unfortunately the rest of the menu isn’t nearly as good.

1 Like

Looks like the covid genie is out of the bag in Taiwan.

Thankfully most people have or trying to have suitable vaccinations.

Maybe inevitable to catch covid in Taiwan in the coming months.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how successful governments have been in convincing people that vaccines prevent transmission. A school I’m working at tomorrow has requested to see my yellow vaccine card. Why? Are they scared I might die on the premises?

10 Likes

Equally illogical is wishing people who test positive but are completely asymptomatic a speedy recovery.

5 Likes