Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April-June 2022

wtf I wana see that too

1 Like

It’ll be all electric soon enough, both scooters and cars.

Everyone knows you’re supposed to use a stick.

I’ve already visited six places today compared to my usual average of 0-1. I think I might have covid.

3 Likes

This is interesting. A little stop at the Yorker for a “rest”.

3-26 Motel Trip - Must have been for a rest

Nice place. Gotta check it out!

2 Likes

Definitely a worrying symptom. :open_mouth:

Yeah, I thought that was odd too. A quick “rest” in the motel followed by a wild all-nighter in the goose meat store?

1 Like

He didnt move closer to China. He was just trying to move more to the middle.

I think Ko has been a decent mayor and the city has markedly improved. At one point he had a possibility with his party, but not now.

104 today local. I’m on the metro and there are tons of people with suitcases getting ready to travel. About 3-4 times the normal number of people at this time.

When do we start seeing Taiwan cluster again instead of specific district?

It’s already the entire north Taiwan.

I really wouldn’t bang on about suitcases. People have to get on with their lives.

2 Likes

Sure, except it’s still unknown how they will handle people with exposure. Will we be forced to quarantine if considered a close contact. Or will they go the route of US and not even need to quarentine if asymptomatic, positive, but vaccinated.

1 Like

Yeah, I’d keep your head down for the next few weeks. Until the numbers really blow up there’ll be a lot of people getting dragged in. But 100 will soon be 1000 and then 10,000 and then even incoming quarantine will be cancelled.

3 Likes

I don’t see how this makes the CDC look good politically? One thing would be them announcing this as a plan/inevitability, but taking all these efforts to control it the last few months and still failing to do so seems likely to be interpreted as incompetence, no?

They could say they were buying time for people to get their boosters. COVID was always going to be inevitable, even the zero covid advocates realized that on some level.

3 Likes

Nah. We’re the last man standing but you can’t fight the inevitable for ever.

It was the same in NZ. When the numbers suddenly jumped people were pleading for a
lockdown and Jacinda was like, nah, not going to happen. Her polling has taken a hit but people will slowly realize she had no option.

It’s on individuals now to determine their own risk appetite. If you’re scared then mask up and stay home. But 1000 days into this we need to crack on.

7 Likes

Yeah, I know, of course. It just doesn’t seem to me that they’ll look good when it ultimately happens after all the efforts they’ve been taking to stop it.

As long as this doesn’t put the KMT back in power, I’m good.

2 Likes

It’ll still look better than China.

I can find online stats showing that 16 percent of people are aged over 65, but I can’t find stats for over 75. Does anyone know? I’m trying to guestimate how many deaths we’re probably going to get.