Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April-June 2022

Oh, so it is…

1 Like

That’s the interview I was referring to. Dear God time flies…
(yes, I see now that it was the BBC and not a US reporter)

No they won’t. China is too smart to seriously consider that, as long as their economy is doing well. Why risk destroying the Chinese economy with sanctions when in a decade they’ll be the richest country in the world?

Do you think Xi is more mentally stable than Putin?

1 Like

Xi is Putin, but actually successful

Well that’s a terrifying thought…

Well, it’s when he starts failing that we should be worried. Dictatorships in decline usually look to war in order to stay in power. Argentina is a good example.

2 Likes

It’s not your fault! 2020 has been going on forever…

6 Likes

She moved the DPP line into the middle. Yeah the ROC Taiwan stuff came first and then if you noticed , she has been capturing more and more of the KMT turf. The flag last year was the biggest ever. The DPP also have claimed the ROC(one which started 49). This would have been impossible under Chen Shui Bian

Tsai has moved the party from being deep-green, conservative and pro-independence, to something much more palatable to average voters, the US and business. And in doing that,she destroyed the KMT base.

3 Likes

Only 16 percent over 65? Seems low UK is 19.

Smart woman.

2 Likes

Yeah she is moderate and savvy.

Was watching one show that said the older deep green support her, even though she goes against their principles, because they are like shareholders in the company. Even though the company leave the main business model, it’s making good money, so no need to complain

1 Like

Cheers, but I’m looking for total number of people aged 75+, so I can guess how many of the 23 per cent who are unvaccinated will probably die.

1 Like

Absolutely would start a way in that case

Had to be let free, been proven through Europe, U.K. , USA that vaccination does not stop you getting it, just a mild reaction.

The situation in Hong-Kong looks bad.

https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202204010016

99.76% of domestically transmitted cases in the last 3 months. People infected presented mild or no symptoms and only 3 people developed serious complications including the granny that died. The intention is still to open up gradually but we could still lockdown if there’s an unexpected surge of cases.
People should not be afraid, Omicron is not as serious as Alpha.
The health minister said the the 115 cases in Keelung should not be seen as a rapid spread of the disease in the city of around 360000 people.

Some positives there but the lockdown bit?

1 Like

Who said lockdown? I thought that was not going to happen?

In the article Premier Su Tseng Chang said this.

“New Taipei City” is a useless stupid possibly problem-causing indicator.

Anything in New Taipei City should be identified by location specifically.

4 Likes