Coronavirus - Taiwan Open August 2021

The only good thing to come out of this.

5 Likes

At least that’s what the officials are telling us. They certainly died of and with something.

You’ve seen the light, I see! :wink:

Zero Covid is within reach. I predict, in my non-expert way, that we may see our first zero reading by the end of next week.

1 Like

If so, hopefully they can get enough people vaccinated before they hit zero.

Actually, perhaps zero has already been hit but they’re still dishing out low numbers to keep people taking the vaccine?

1 Like

Nah, that’s a bit too conspiratorial for my liking. Besides, no way you’d get Ko to play along with Chen and Tsai if that were the case. He’s way too much of a loose cannon.

2 Likes

It was a joke, as you know. My point is vaccinations will drop off a cliff once zero daily cases are hit.

1 Like

With the worsening of the plague outside our borders, I hope we can still keep momentum. My brother was telling me people fully vaccinated, who have had COVID before, are falling sick with the plague for second, third time, Delta variant. And they are using Pfizer there, mostly.

Here at least we can try to slow it down while we get our own vaccine rolling since we cannot depend on the imported stuff.

The digital issuance platform will be on the road at the end of the month. Apply for vaccines and screening certificates to avoid going out

In order to prevent the epidemic, some places require the public to produce a vaccination certificate or a negative test certificate before entering. The Ministry of Health and Welfare discussed the promotion of a digital certification issuance platform, so that people can download official certification documents for vaccination and screening without going out, and they will be on the road as soon as the end of the month.

Shi Chongliang said that in the future, this online platform will record the people’s vaccine brands, the number of inoculation doses, the date of inoculation, and the results of rapid antigen screening, antibody testing or PCR testing, etc., and adopt unified government certification so that people in need can download the information by themselves. Use it as an official document and get on the road as soon as the end of the month; but he emphasized that this is not a vaccine passport.

Is this to be used in Taiwan or so people can get the certificates if they go abroad?

LOL.

What a frickin weasel. We have a true artist in our midst.

1 Like

Lol, yeah.

What the hell is it then?

If it acts like a vaccine passport and serves the same function as a vaccine passport, it’s a vaccine passport. Not sure why they’d shy away from the name. Do they really think the public is stupid enough to fall for that?

Maybe we should come up with another name for it so it’s more palatable. Vaccine Record Passbook? Vaccine Digibook? iJab? Just rebrand and problem solved.

2 Likes

Fully vaccinated people who are getting sick with Delta generally experience a mild sickness. Hospitalizations are very rare among the vaccinated, and deaths are vanishingly rare. That’s the vaccine doing what it’s supposed to do.

Delta is overwhelmingly (98-99%) a disease of the unvaccinated. There are stories of hospitalized unvaccinated people begging to get vaccinated only to be told it’s too late, and then they die:

There are people who were outspoken anti-vaxers who changed their minds and started urging people to get vaccinated, regretting their own stupidity, before they died. Radio personality Dick Farrel is a case in point:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article253370118.html

5 Likes

Difficult to say.

Vaccinum singraphus

Sucks for them (and their families), but so what? I’m not gloating, nor am I happy that’s the decision they made, but it is nonetheless the consequences of the decision they made and I think they have the right to make that decision.

1 Like

Dick Farrel appeared to have other health problems as well.

As far as ‘vax vs unvaxxed and Delta’ is concerned, here’s some government data which outlines the situation in the UK.

It doesn’t really fit the narrative you mentioned. If I have my math correct, Delta deaths are in higher proportions among the fully vaxxed than for the unvaxxed. Would be interesting to see actual US data to compare. Any corrections will be acknowledged, as I’m not mathemagician.

Latest UK report in full:

We hit zero we march on the LY and burn our masks :mask: (spare masks in the pocket of course).

Whose inn?

It has to be zero for two weeks for it to mean anything.