Coronavirus - Taiwan Open August 2021

Last night when walking the dogs 5 older dudes came out of a small restaurant, somewhat drunk, no mask or chin diaper, smoking, talking very loud, laughing all the way. Yeah, Sanxia.

1 Like

Sanxia really has 2 parts, the old town, and the University area.

Agree. especially with more and more countries simply letting things go. Denmark announced that there will be no more restrictions of any kind as an example.

1 Like

Did they stick with it?

Provinces in Canada such as Alberta that said they’d try quickly backed down when they figured out what would happen to their health systems.

Guy

1 Like

They will be all gone by September 10th (including corona passport requirements). So will see.

1 Like

Interesting:

3 Likes

And even the University area is only half Sanxia, Carrefour is already Shulin.

1 Like

They closed Syntrend at 6 because of a confirmed case today. Funny we walked over there about 4 today, took one look (from a good safe distance down the street) at the insane crowd for some activity going on out in front, and turned right around and left.

1 Like

That’s the newish fancy computer selling building near Guanghua in Taipei City, right?

If so, yikes. More cases to come . . .

Guy

2 Likes

Is that the more modern building next to Guanghua? What’s the attraction of that place? I went there once a couple of years ago, and it seemed to be like a fancier version of Guanghua with some expensive stationery and phone covers and stuff?

1 Like

Yes it is. That sums it up. I went to look at some phones. I guess a weekday would have been better anyway, but I wasn’t expecting to see anything like that going on. I’m used to the new, quieter Taipei already lol

3 Likes

I see it as an expo mall. Try the product, you can buy it there but you can also use it as product research for buying online.

3 Likes

There is a Taipei case that sounds interesting. Came in from US in May fully vaccinated, 2 Pfizer, quarantine, took PCR test, no problem, out of quarantine.

A few days ago same person went for PCR in order to go back to the US…bingo, positive. Travel logs include Taipei, New Taipei, Yilan, etc…

It was silly to ever leave level 1.

1 Like

Sounds like they unintentionally expositioned something else this weekend, then… :mask:

i feel like i have heard this story before

Hopefully people will wake up and we can get on with our lives.

1 Like

The fundamental problem is that crew do not get paid for quarantine. If you want them to do so petition the government or the airlines go out of business.

Good luck!

Possibly they all already cleared the infection months ago and are false positives. Would be extremely unlikely that none of them have current symptoms . Probably high CT counts.

1 Like

Again, lingering RNA in the bloodstream, it happens.

1 Like