Coronavirus - Taiwan Open August 2021

How would they enforce it though?

Probably because the idiotic policies are not risky. They are just stupid.

2 Likes

There are people in the water!!! Yay!

3 Likes

Meanwhile on British beaches.

1 Like

3 + 5 = 8 and no deaths

7 Likes

At least there seems to be less mosquitoes! Let them spray!
The same procedure was at the airport. People walk and spray everything and everywhere and there is always a person who either records or takes pictures :slight_smile:
When I was waiting for the transport there was a guy who was spraying all suitcases but only the front part. He did not bother to spray the back. Probably covid only stays in the front, not back :slight_smile:

5 Likes

All cases were apparently in New Taipei City. All were in the community, not found in isolation.

Guy

3 Likes

Orwellian CCTVs in the home. Chips in the mask linked to a smartphone app.

Those grubby New Taipeinese are really letting the side down. They should all be subjected to a light spraying with bleach.

Bleach in the water supply should sort them out.

I’m voting for quarantine ankle bracelets so we can quarantine at home and Taiwanese can be safe.

3 Likes

Reminds me of one of the pictures my landlady sent me. Beware! If you see people with an ankle bracelet on the bus, they have escaped from quarantine! Taipei Ren, be alert!

The picture was from Hong Kong, yo.

2 Likes

When I arrived last month, they put a big yellow sticker on my upper sleeve to show I was ready to get into a quarantine taxi. A French national behind me in the taxi line looked at me and said “I don’t think I’m OK with this” while touching the sleeve band. You really had a feeling of being tagged to identify easily. It is creepy for those old enough to remember the stories.

2 Likes

WTAF. They could at least have avoided the color yellow.

1 Like

Yes definitely intentional

man that spraying of the beach shit has to be some of the funniest covid related things I’ve seen. You are probably on the right track, somebody in the govt knows somebody at Taiwan plastic and probably bleach companies.

3 Likes

Get family members to snitch on each other?

Bleach isn’t that hard to make anyways, probably the highest profit items any company can make. All you need is salt, pool chlorination anode, and electricity.

But perhaps the reasoning is that the bleach would kill any lingering pathogen on its surface…

A report posted by Focus Taiwan has more details about the Sanxia cluster (heads up @Belgian_Pie ):

As for the family cluster in Sanxia District reported Sunday, [New Taipei Mayor] Hou said that antibody tests show the 10 infected individuals contracted the disease at least a month ago.

The city has tested 2,324 people who are potential contacts or who live in the same neighborhood as the family members, and the results have all come back negative, Hou said.

Source: https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202108300015

Guy

2 Likes

I’ll admit ignorance… Remember what?

1 Like