Coronavirus - Taiwan Open August 2021

Are they really coming from China? I assumed it’d be Vietnam and other ASEAN countries. Presumably trafficking doesn’t entail the most hygienic/socially distant conditions either…

16 + 3 = 19 and two more deaths.

5 Likes

Since it’s into Taiwan I can only imagine it is very pleasant experience for those being trafficked. We all know how welcoming and friendly Taiwanese are.

I’ve heard they are restricting movement in Jiangsu province already. People aren’t allowed to leave the cities they live in. Not a lockdown, but restrictions are in place. Haven’t heard of welding people in their homes yet!

Btw, I wasn’t correcting what you wrote, just changed “the government” to “the CCP” so the quote would make sense in context.

1 Like

3 Likes

Honestly no idea. That’s part of my curiosity.

As for the chart of China cases: my assumption for the past year has been that China has successfully stopped COVID from being a big problem for them. I don’t think they could hide a big outbreak. I have however assumed it’s been a low-level problem that they have successfully hidden.

I’m pretty sure they can. Non-Chinese journalists have been being deported, the Chinese COVID cell phone passport system of green is “free to travel” and red means “likely infected/no go” has been consistently giving reporters red for no reason, and some reporters who were able to get around were saying they were followed across provinces by “authorities”, despite taking multiple forms of different transportation to get there. On top of this, Chinese people are keeping tight-lipped/refusing to talk to anyone they suspect comes from any media.

An entire Chinese city could have died of bubonic plague at this point and we would never know.

3 Likes

The Chinese government wont hide an outbreak. They cant completely do that and they wouldnt want to as they want to shut things down and eliminate the cases. They will doctor the numbers though.

1 Like

Why are they shutting down outbreaks when they’re almost fully vaccinated?

The third trending topic on Baidu today is :“do domestic vaccines work against the DELTA”. I guess they have doubts about their vaccines and/or they have the tools and means to quarantine entire cities, so they will.

1 Like

They are doctoring a lot. Fifty cases in 25 cities is ridiculous. If the virus is already in 25 cities then the infected are in the thousands.

4 Likes

If it’s solely about China, carry on here please

5 Likes

because they used Sinovac and Sinopharm which don’t work.

And you think Taiwan is learning something now?

Impossible as it’s government controlled.

Some outfits like Family Mart are running a dual QR code system, as discussed way upthread. No doubt they will do something with that data . . .

Guy

1 Like

I posted that, it’s slimy to confuse people, but I saw through it in a second as the official QR code has this CDC logo in the center.

1 Like

we have been making and selling them in the uk the “Sneeze guards” as we call them start from about £20 to the tall ones below that cost £140.

they would be much cheaper here

3 Likes

The 711 near me hides the government QR code behind something to force people to scan their “internal” company QR code instead. Data collection at it’s finest. I always look for the government one and pull it back onto the desk. Lol

1 Like

Why would the prediction be impossible if people are already in the habit of scanning QR codes before they go into any store?

This is such a safe prediction that I would bet money on businesses doing more through QR codes, perhaps when you enter the store or at various locations throughout (i.e. scan in for 15% discount on select items). Granted, apps that let businesses know your location (social media already does this) and track you throughout your visit (i.e. ice cream on sale at Ikea precisely when you walk by the cafe) would be more efficient and, perhaps, more likely.