Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

That’s another possibility, although it hasn’t worked consistently across all East Asian countries.

1 Like

lol man, it defies all logic. One of the most densely populated cities in the world has somehow done what nobody else was able to do. why? because people wore masks? I saw Japanese wearing masks too and complying, but it didn’t work out the same. so How?

then again, maybe Taiwan really does have the magic formula.

4 Likes

It’s a headscratcher that people need to get to the bottom of, because if they do then they’ve figured out how to control the coronavirus. Which politicians strive to do.

Taiwan has figured out the equation to gravity.

we’re the bridge…

p.s. Taiwan is about to release a vaccine to save the world. The greatest vaccine ever according to reddit mods. TO SAVE THE WORLD.

and this is why they call him, CHEN CLOCK?

seriously though, whatever Taiwan has done is absolutely mind numbingly difficult.

2 Likes

The State of Emergency in Japan is rather lacking in compulsory things, they just request that things like Bars and Restaurants close, but the requests get ignored.

3 Likes

Indeed. If this is for real, then people need to find out why it worked. Because (as JP might say) it’s not obvious, man. And the result would be immensely useful.

If it was all a sham, a proper investigation would still be immensely useful.

Japan, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, New Zealand and others have, on several occasions, managed to batter down case numbers to double or even single digits using similar strategies. The difference now might be that some of those countries are dealing with Delta outbreaks, rather than other less contagious variants. Taiwan in some ways, is lucky that it has never had a major Delta outbreak in the community.

But it is also benefitting from having faith in a system that has worked here and elsewhere at controlling small outbreaks. I think if confirmed cases had reached a few thousand here, in might have been a different story.

I also think it’s relevant that this has been Taiwan’s first real experience of community spread and lockdown. Countries like Australia, South Korea and Japan that have been in and out of various forms of movement restrictions are likely dealing with lockdown fatigue where some people have stopped bothering with certain restrictions, which could seriously increase case numbers.

7 Likes

then again, we don’t know what’s about to come out of Chiayi… any news?

p.s. wth is a special friendship circle?

Dunno but there goes the weekend…

Water…toilet paper…instant noodles…assorted staples… inventory check check checking.

So I guess this means the annual Forumosa Chiayi Turkey Rice excursion followed by the all-night KTV and tea house tour is postponed? :neutral_face:

Guy

3 Likes

the “Special Dating Circle”

I guess Tinder?

“case 15741 since July 13, many times out and northern friends gathering, until the 21st suspected symptoms The company’s main business is to provide a wide range of products and services to its customers.”

“The company’s main goal is to provide the best possible service to its customers.”

Their goal has been reached, even exceeded.

Interesting chart, so most people who have died after being vaccinated die within just a few days, and a reasonable proportion on the same day.

I’m not sure what to make of that. At first glance it looks as if vaccines are actually killing people. But without access to the source data it’s impossible to be sure one way or the other - it’s equally plausible that the data they’re collecting is just garbage, and that there’s no information in that chart at all.

Per how many vaccinated?

1 Like

Taipei Mayor Ke Wenzhe said today that he has cooperated with Beijing Medical University and National Taiwan University School of Public Health to carry out serum antibody research in Wanhua District to clarify the cause of Taiwan’s COVID-19 mortality rate as high as 5% and whether it is because there are many dark numbers in the community.

1 Like

dark numbers

What’s this?

Old poisoned foreigners.

2 Likes

I wonder if there is a link between the rare cases of post vaccine thrombosis, and the fact that so many people have been going through unparalleled periods of physical inactivity. That is often what causes blood clots.

Spending all that time lying/sitting down whilst working from home during lockdown, not getting to the gym, playing sports, commuting or even walking to the pub like they normally would. Then having a big shot to the system like a vaccine, possibly followed by extreme inactivity for two days because the vaccine has completely knocked you out.

3 Likes

Who, Taiwanese? They have bubble tea delivered, they don’t even walk anymore to get their bubbles.

5 Likes