Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

There are always some assholes. My friends had more one night stands in this lockdown than they did in their whole lives.

2 Likes

13000 tests. 28 local positives. 0.21% TPR. These are good numbers even for weekends. Let’s see if we can continue getting sub-50 numbers over the next week.

2 Likes

I hope the Pingtung case is not connected to the delta cluster

It’s very likely not Delta.

1 Like

“It’s not” became…

Hedging your bets?

1 Like

Already in Quarantine, that’s always a good sign.

Taiwan already has the virus bottled up. Deaths are going down down down. Time to open the economy back up and get that 5% growth.

3 Likes

I just hope they do it slowly otherwise this will be an endless cycle. First step open outdoor activities and kindergartens imo. Then wait a month and see what happens.

what is your weird obsession with Taiwanese GDP growth?

3 Likes

The Oyster like abstraction, never mind what’s happening on the ground.

Here’s one for him! Yay!

Guy

2 Likes

We already know from the American experience outdoor activities are not spreaders.

2 Likes

In the US, home prices are through the roof. I believe this is happening in other countries. I wonder if this is yet another thing that will happen also in Taiwan?

Yes. See CNA business story.

2 Likes

Schools are gearing up getting teachers ready to vaccinate en mass (priority group 7)

I think this is a good indication that schools may open up as early as August for camps and Kindergarten.

2 Likes

I get that feeling too. September at latest. My school is arranging vaccines for staff as we speak.

1 Like

Quarter one is a lifetime ago. I’ve been hearing home prices are down now. Not really sure though.

Chinese city of Guangzhou to build giant Covid-19 quarantine facility with 5,000 spaces for international travellers | South China Morning Post Quite interesting. China saying that normal quarantine hotels wont be able to cope with Delta and future mutations so want to build quarantine facilities. Wonder if thats what the the future is for Taiwan as well

Well, quarter two just ended five days ago, so they’re still putting together the data.

1 Like

Seems like everything will reopen on 7/12 at last.

Penny wise pound foolish folks here don’t have the resources for it unlike China.