Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

Competence. It’s in desperately short supply these days. Can we perhaps get an emergency shipment from Sweden?

A nice big hole in the ground into which to shovel the bullshit would be nice too, but I’ll settle for competence.

6 Likes

Barber shops closed now?

1 Like

I feel as a Brit , all of this enforced optimism is a cultural encroachment on the way of life of my people.

5 Likes

Since when did subjects of the crown have optimism ? :grinning:

They’ve been open during the whole period.

1 Like

Too right. We need to have a good old moan and a whinge, for Queen and Country. It is our solemn duty.

1 Like

Can also vouch for that in my area.

New rules say they must remain closed, but where I live they never shut.

I’m guessing there are hair-cutting barbershops versus the “entertainment” barber shops, for “tea” and the like? The former remained open, and the latter will still be closed. Although I thought those had mostly disappeared decades ago.

Such a pity that what happened in Wanhua didn’t stay in Wanhua.

1 Like

We have a chance to get Covid down to zero. We managed it last year; let’s get it done again.

2 Likes

I agree! We can do it again if we simply reduce the testing rates to 2020 levels :laughing:

2 Likes

hope they go back to NONE

That is weird. They haven’t been closed round here.

not happening

Deleted

One thing I noticed with today’ figure is less than 10k tests were performed. This is a big reduction compared to previous Thursday where there were more than 30k tests performed.

Not sure why there is such a dramatic decrease in testing.

reddit user Evil_Yankee_Fan put together this spreadsheet -

2 Likes

I went to a beach this afternoon for the sunset. It was my first time in this location. I was very surprised by the number of people. Around 80 people, few were in the water (mostly parents with kids), about 15 surfers, all of them had a mask in the water while surfing. Nobody seemed worried about controls and it was nice to see some normal life.

2 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes

Well yes the putting-on-a-mask while surfing to avoid a potential fine is absurd but I mean people were having fun, that the main thing.

So were there any jobsworths in uniform making sure that people wore their masks while swimming?

No, nobody.