Coronavirus - Taiwan Open July 2021

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Renew ARC and change address

It’s so short-sighted if they aren’t.

TGI goes under then people lose jobs, landlords lose rent, suppliers lose business…

More importantly, I like their cocktails

1 Like

Friggin’ ridiculous amounts. The government gives you 40K, one time. Most businesses can’t even pay rent from that.

They also let you get a loan of 500K at 1%. That’s it! 500K NT$ last year and 500K this time. After a year interest goes up to 1.6%.

6 Likes

That’s madness. Every developed country is dishing out proper loans.

Not Taiwan! Keep everything closed and have businesses shut down or get bankrupted.

1 Like

That’s because Taiwan is awesome and doesn’t even have that bad of a covid situation. The government doesn’t need to spend money.

As I mentioned earlier Hualien and areas that depend on tourists are much worse than the big cities on the West coast .
I did notice some emoving electric scooters outlets closed, not sure if they bankrupted.

1 Like

Most of the ones in Jiaoxi are gone. Jiaoxi has been hit hard.

3 Likes

There will be lot of pissed-off former small business owners in future elections.

Without visibility on policy, though, nobody’s going to take those loans. They’ll make a calculated decision to just close down. Particularly with Ko spouting off about not letting up until 80% vaccine coverage (which would basically mean 95%+ of the adult population plus children down to ~12 years old).

1 Like

Hmmmm. I’ve been looking at these squiggly lines on graphs, and I think the lockdown in Taipei should last another 5-10 years.

2 Likes

Yes he has Asperger’s I think

Maybe everyone in Taiwan has aspergers.

Doesnt explain why the need for unquestioned obedience to authority though.

I noticed the “80%” number earlier this week in Line threads. Dismissed it as rumors.

If you think back through the past year, a lot of policy does appear to have been wagged by social media or, as kids like to call it, “science”.

3 Likes

Please, I hope this is true. I’m begging them to close.

MIght it not soon be time to stop with mandatory mask-wearing OUTSIDE? Keep it mandatory for any indoors venue, but let it be up to the individual for outside use.

4 Likes

Ko should lockdown his mouth!

2 Likes

You mean asparagus?

Then he is not Ko.

2 Likes

Maskless hordes! The horror of it all! :runaway: