Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

Interesting possibility. I’m sure he’ll have no trouble booking the pre-flight test, in fact someone will probably do it for him!

2 Likes

I think Taiwan should use art such as this painting to promote/reinforce to people the importance of using masks, isolating, self distancing, etc… Very powerful painting. This painting was done in honor of all the deceased grandparents of Covid 19 who could not say goodbye to their grandchildren.

This commercial from Australia was pretty strong on AIDs in the 80s.
(1408) Grim Reaper Aids Advertisement - YouTube

I know for America the government pays…

The old part of my brain tells me I’ve seen that before. I bet it was used in other countries and the audio was rewritten and dubbed over.
They really make it obvious what they think a gay person looked like.

Someone will have to pay for it and if it’s not forthcoming he will have an extended rest in one of Taiwan’s (by all accounts horrible) alien detention centers.

Yeah, same with drug users (cross between punks and Ziggy Stardust). In some ways, it has not aged well but powerful nontheless.

1 Like

The video is talking shit.
You can’t just be deported because of a few fines. There’s a legal process.
If he’s married here it’s even more unlikely.

1 Like

He could always have the
“Taiwan Waiguoren Arsehole Tattoo”
on his head so he can get back in at a later date.

1 Like

These brainless arse needs to be kicked out one day or another.

1 Like

Well, the cops were forcefully arresting him, so maybe more than that. But, indeed there is a process. These are unusual times however.

I wonder if that’s the same guy I saw in action (similar attitude and world view) in Taipei a while ago at Daan Forest Part MRT Station.

Either way, what an &ss.

Guy

2 Likes

They’re probably just speculating. What’s the sentence that will get you deported? 2 years? 6 months? Unless he attacked a cop he’s not likely to get near that. But as you alluded to, he may have been violating new regulations for these unusual times that would have more serious penalties.
I still can’t believe it’s not the iLearn guy. What’s with crazy foreigners in Taichung?

Do you mean the guy in the video? He’s in Taichung. I don’t think with his attitude he’d make it all the way to Taipei. There seem to be many of his sort now.

Tawian makes international surf news (via covid interest).

And everyone gets $15000 fine.

臭水衝浪區
https://goo.gl/maps/mWvHZeR73szECSHCA

2 Likes

This article gets into it a bit, it says they fined him four times already and I think that he’s now being held in the station under public safety regulations (they asked his girlfriend to come help take care of him?), and they’ve asked the Immigration department to investigate if he should be deported.

2 Likes

That’s the same as nothing.

4 Likes

Well, it’s more nothing than I’d like to be mixed up in.

3 Likes

LOCKDOWN is the only answer to lower the deaths.

Well, it is clear they do not want to do a lockdown. It is also clear they do not want to do wide-range testing. So what is really left? Praying?

3 Likes

Then we must pray hard for them to realize that lives matter most than stocks that they don’t want to nose dive.

1 Like

I just don’t understand what “they” get out of doing this to people.

The problem here is that the average man in the street has very little grasp of statistics, probability, data presentation, or even basic math. They just take this stuff at face value : OMG, I have a seven thousand times greater risk of dying! We’re all gonna die! And it’s impossible to reassure people with the correct numbers, based on the correct reference point (ie., your own all-cause mortality risk) because they won’t even understand what you’re saying.

On a similar subject: I was at the hospital the other day and happened past the queue for COVID testing. Everyone all in a big gaggle, presumably with a fair number of COVID suspects in there, completely unsanitary (just a rough setup outside) where any sort of contamination can drift around. Looks like a prime setup for (a) spreading infection and (b) a guaranteed high false positive rate. If (as claimed) Taiwan started off at virtually zero cases a few weeks back, then the precipitous climb in cases cannot be real. Upwards of 90% of them must be false positives, and this shambolic setup suggests it may be higher than that.

1 Like