Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

Oh no they’re “local”.

Well 5pm today, you can hear what Medigen has to say.

263 + 3 = 266

Edit - 28 deaths

3 Likes

Still a lot of deaths

1 Like

Todays CDC report with locations, this week looks much better than last week. (Taipei city numbers look better)

1 Like

Interestingly, of the 3 imported cases -

“12294 Is A Taiwanese Woman In Her 40S Who Completed Two Doses Of Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccination In The United States On April 9 And 30, And Returned To Taiwan From The United States On June 3, Holding A Negative Report Within 3 Days Of Boarding The Flight And Returning Home After Entering The Country Home quarantine, June 7 cough, runny nose and other symptoms but did not seek medical attention”

2 Likes

Is this interesting? Fully vaccinated doesn’t mean you won’t get Covid. It just means that you are less likely to get symptomatic Covid and extremely unlikely to require hospitalization.

9 Likes

Here’s the comment regarding the clinic.

Tickets for weekend transportation continue to drop.

1 Like

There are still 64000 train+HSR tickets booked for Dragon Boat Festival weekend. Hope there can be adequate social distancing on the trains at least… But I think we will see higher numbers across Taiwan in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Of course we will. And it is not only the train time, but the meeting of all the relatives, friends etc. wherever they live, nearby or further away

1 Like

Well I hope in Kaoshuing-Pingtung can stay Zero or near it (seems none reported today). So far in the South has done ok in keeping the few cases from spreading and with better systems in place at the stations seems they work.

Looks like we can add “not cancelling public transport during Dragon Boat Festival” to the ever-growing list of cockups.

Amazing how the government can go from shining stars in handling the pandemic to Mr. Bean levels of incompetence.

It’s not rocket science. It’s clear there are a lot of people either too stupid or too selfish to realise that travelling cross-country during a pandemic and then spend a weekend infecting your parents and relatives might be a bad idea, so take the decision out of their hands, cancel the trains for the holiday.

I haven’t seen most of my family going on three years now (meant to go back last year). I’m sure they can cope for a couple of months.

3 Likes

What are the “systems in place at the stations” you refer to?

1 Like

Temp checks and better ID checks. I would prefer people not travel, still some do so need try do some systems.

1 Like

Just remember: with the alpha variant (aka the UK variant), things are fine, until they are not.

Stay cautious and please take care!

Guy

2 Likes

Let’s not turn this into an anti-BJP thread. After all, Congress has some deep stains in their governance (Operation Blue Star, sanctioned sterilization in the 70s, etc.)

No need to discuss this in the Taiwan thread.

Our anticipated AZ vaccines are not from India; Thailand and its current manufacturing delays is more pertinent now.

Guy

1 Like

Looks like there’s a possibility of another clinic giving vaccines to those who shouldn’t be receiving them yet.

Wasn’t it yesterday someone posted here that his coworker already got vaccinated and was bragging about it to him? No priority group. Based on guanxi only

1 Like

The full details:

Case 12294 is a 40-year-old woman of nationality who completed 2 doses of Pfizer/BioNTech vaccination in the United States on April 9th ​​and 30th, and returned to Taiwan from the United States on June 3rd, holding a test within 3 days before the flight Negative report, return home for home quarantine after entering the country. Cough, runny nose and other symptoms occurred on June 7 but did not seek medical attention; on June 9, the family member of the case had fever symptoms and was diagnosed after medical examination, so arrangements were made on the same day The case was examined and diagnosed today; related contacts are listed.

Not clear on the family member? Did the family member travel with her? If not, why wasn’t she quarantining by herself?

1 Like