Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

Honestly, at least he/she, is not in it. Have you got any where they are earnestly staring out over the horizon? Always good entertainment. Perhaps we could start a new thread, “wack Taiwan sub-reddit posts”.

1 Like

Needs to be done

1 Like

You is be preaching to the choir

I thought McDonalds was just letting 2 people/groups in at a time?

The one near me, you have to wait outside until a bloke lets you in, then do your ordering at the touch screen thingy, then go and collect/pay.

No more than 2 groups or two individuals. Like a family can go in together to order counting as one, and one Billy No Mates can go in too.

1 Like

This is Xinzhuang

I don’t think they know about COVID yet.

1 Like

McDonald’s is making a killing during this as far as I can tell. The one near my house has a drive-through with a long line of cars every time I drive by. At around meal times, the line of cars is probably a constant 20 or so. I bet the owner is very happy he decided on the drive-through.

2 Likes

They should make McD’s delivery/ drive thru only if this is their idea of take out.

2 Likes

They are wearing masks. How is it possible to catch covid? As long as they don’t eat outside on a park bench, they are fine.

7 Likes

Shouldn’t it be obvious? You can cram more virtual meetings in than in-person discussions. No real hard edges between when workday begins and ends. Weekdays are the same as weekends. Your computer is always sitting waiting for you.

Not obvious in every profession. My company is still on a clock-in/clock-out basis.

Who’s putting what where and for how long??!!

2 Likes

sounds like a fun place to work

2 Likes

The p0rn industry can be rough work.

So I’ve heard.

Guy

2 Likes

Nice cock-up. :rofl:

2 Likes

Ok, you all got me. That’s what happens when you’re online too much. In other news:

The article says:

Tangentially related, does that mean Mayor Ko and others who are restricting shoppers to certain days have exceeded their legal authority?

1 Like

The US has serious water security issues. Taiwan makes it so controversial about pumping groundwater but in the US something like 80% of their water comes from groundwater. In fact many cities in the US (for example Houston) has ground sink because of this.

I think the middle of America has the world’s largest underground aquifer which is being rapidly depleted, and there is no plan to do anything about it when it becomes depleted.

Also water is expensive in the US, at least in CA. My parents pay more for water than I do electricity in Taiwan. Houston is probably a better place for TSMC because it isn’t a desert, meaning there’s not really a water shortage (at least as long as groundwater holds out). No idea why someone would build an industry in a desert if water usage is a huge concern.

Chabu… No, it can’t be that

Also see: Traffic.

Probably already payed for by the “volunteers”. Person in charge of clinic should face criminal charges, just this fine alone is laughable and an incitement to corruption.

1 Like