Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

Doctor working in clinic in Sanchong has died.

Got a shot of AZ on May 31st, recently had Covid-19 symptoms…possibly a few days short of achieving partial immunity.

1 Like

From the article “ A post-mortem examination showed that he had been infected with COVID-19.

It was not immediately clear whether he became infected with the coronavirus before or after he took his first vaccine dose.”

The bosses and by extension the government let you know up front that if you are a migrant worker, they own you. I’d say ‘stay classy Miaoli’ but they won’t

I’m seeing some comments saying that they should have taken the vaccine while they had the chance. So should the locals but they weren’t rushing out to get the vaccine and I highly doubt the average slave driver… I mean laoban would give them the time off to do so.

4 Likes
1 Like

If only he took it when he had the chance earlier. RIP.

2 Likes

Just for the record, according to the news, there are still about 5000 medical personnel not vaccinated yet in Taipei City.

I thought the rollout was already in the second priority group. Does that mean that these 5000 didn’t want to be vaccinated?

STOP temperature measurement at traditional markets and supermarkets. It is pointless, and like a lot of other “face activities” — by this I mean those measures adopted by organisations to look like they are actually doing something — adds risk. I would like to know of one person anywhere who has been rejected entry and referred to the CECC for later confirmed diagnosis.

Someone should ask this at the press conference.

4 Likes

I’ve seen some convenience stores with the infrared thermometer forehead with stand 自動探溫 , is more convenient than the traditional handheld thermometer

Or also this one K9-PRO自動測溫酒精噴霧機

sources
https://24h.pchome.com.tw/prod/DECB0X-A900BG7WP

https://www.ruten.com.tw/find/?q=自動測溫儀

3 Likes

Or haven’t been able to book an appointment.

I think they are doing 1 to 6 simultaneously, if I understood today’s news correctly.

I’ve also seen the second one around. It takes the temperature of your hand, which I don’t think is in any way accurate?

Rectal thermometry is the only way to be sure.

6 Likes

It’s not so much a point about inconvenience. Big picture, what is the social outcome of having these devices, either handheld, rectal or automated?

Al Jazeera does such good reporting on some issues. This was a very informing interview. This in particular:

And now we have hospital clusters.

2 Likes

Everyone knows some things are just for PR. If you remove the temperature checks, and later if was confirmed that an infected person walked by, it’s your head as the organizer that will roll saying why didn’t you do the “bare minimum”. - even though it doesn’t work.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00251-4

That’s just how people are. It’s been shown that covid doesn’t spread much by surface contamination as much as ventilation. But the theatrics still stress on doing the show with spray warriors on the streets and the constant wiping of escalator hand rests.

2 Likes

Interesting, he is painting a picture that the restriction is actual physical space, that the rooms were occupied. My understanding is typically “not enough beds” in hospital parlance refers to not enough supporting staff/and or bespoke equipment.

Yes, relatively simple machine can be made and installed everywhere.

1 Like

A new study about vaccines has been published in Nature, based on research in the UK.

An interesting conclusion is that AZ and BNT are equally effective (up to 80% after 2 doses against the B.1.1.7 British variant). This is of particular note, as the study was carried out over the same time period and under the same conditions and same population.
This is unlike the previous trials of the individual vaccines, which were carried out amongst completely different populations, at different times, and when different variants may have been more prevalent, making direct comparisons of those original vaccine efficiency results fairly meaningless.

8 Likes

Doesn’t look, appear, or sound like “herding” or “marching” to me.

Complaining about waiting 20 minutes to then be told to go. It’s the same thing they do when waiting for the shuttle buses.

Some probably complain, and some probably appreciate that the gov and company are trying to implement measures to reduce covid exposure.

You guys might know, are driving and scooter test centers and training centers still open?

3 Likes