Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

I still think the numbers in the USA are crazy high. Am I wrong? Just trying to wrap my head around it. Especially since we’re trying to control it here in Taiwan. USA death totals almost coincide with our positive cases.

There were at least 22,314 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday up from 15,059 on Tuesday, after 13,758 new cases on Monday and 6,067 on Sunday.

Deaths rose to at least 449 on Wednesday from 373 on Tuesday, which followed 305 deaths on Monday and 253 deaths on Sunday.

286 today

24 passed away

2 Likes

I’ve also been wondering about this, had planned on getting a license to scoot about now

1 Like
  • 286 cases (Miaoli: 56, Taipei: 49, NTC: 120)
  • 35000 tests. Overall TPR (0.8%). Unsure about TPR in Miaoli/NTC
2 Likes

They don’t publish the day by day graph anymore, or I haven’t found it. Are the number of cases edging up again significantly? If so, that makes the long weekend all the more important to what comes next.

What’s going on in Miaoli? Specific cluster?

Good! Though why is the government not paying for them, but just announcing this?

3 Likes

Factory workers trapped in dorms. Same as happened in Singapore.

2 Likes

sigh.… When will we ever learn?

1 Like

The US is crazy big, crazy diverse (socioeconomically, politically, etc.) and has over 10x the population of TW.

Most of those new cases and deaths are concentrated in places where there are significant numbers of people who are unvaxxed, most now by choice.

like all good things, you can usually find one on the guesses thread (custom made courtesy of @hansioux)

It doesn’t bode well for the response to the next pandemic when people are repeating the same mistakes just a year or so after other countries.

Hospital clusters almost certainly aren’t caused by a lack of isolation rooms. They’re far more likely to be caused by infected patients and staff infecting other patients and staff, insufficient PPE (non-N95 masks for instance) and environments where PPE isn’t on or isn’t being used correctly.

See: the Taoyuan outbreak.

Hopeful news. TRA has a load-factor of 4% and HSR 5% for the Dragon Boat festival weekend. Although the virus might spread South in a couple of weeks, at least there shouldn’t be spreading during transportation.

1 Like

You’re right. Still adds up to 91,000 deaths a year from a virus. Just thinking about my parents who are old and live in Miami. :pleading_face:

Anyone watching the presser now? Other than the numbers and the transportation south, anything else important? Did they mention anything about the number of deaths and it’s percentage? I still feel it is very high

Cant watch the presser today

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=490148502320349

1 Like

Do we know where those tests are being done? Like maybe 20,000 in Taipei, 5000 in Tainan, etc.? Or even more specific?

I don’t really trust his work. And, he’s not backdating the cases from the backlog, so it’s hard to get a real overview of what I want to see. I don’t know why the CECC stopped publishing their graph.

Yeah given all the money we’ve pay him to do this for us, it’s amazing how bad it is!

Wait we didn’t pay him anything for this.

Guy

3 Likes