Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

I guess torturing people in hell costs money too.

Perhaps that’s why we don’t have a real outcry over the treatment.

People are jealous that migrant workers in factories get Level 4 lockdown and the rest of us don’t.

1 Like

OT: Burning money isn’t always for one’s ancestors. It’s traditionally done to buy off any passing ghosts so they won’t cause harm. That’s why business owners/workers do it at home and at the office.

Arrrgh stop! I really don’t want to know, it’s just mumbo jumbo to me, this stuff just gets forced down your throat only so long before you start to question your sanity.

2 Likes

Not disagreeing with your point, but the relative share of cases in Greater Taipei is actually continually going down. So it might also have something to do with people outside Greater Taipei being too careless in view of their lower case count

I see many passing ‘ghosts’, they never bothered me.

I don’t see any evidence for that. All the data says it’s concentrated in TPE.

did’t we have this discussion last year :grinning:

Just look at the numbers and calculate Greater Taipei as a percentage of total Taiwan cases and you will see this going down pretty continuously. From 100% to about 60% at present

Maybe all they need to do is shut down intercity trains. commercial traffic can still go through.

Is that not because of the cluster cases in Miaoli?

Only partially. Adjust for this and you will still see the same. And Miaoli has only happened pretty recently anyway, but the same trend already existed before

The cats are already out of the bag.

I’d love to be proven wrong here, but my sense is that the authorities will be playing whack-a-mole around the country for some months, trying to prevent this from really getting out of control.

Guy

4 Likes

Some shenanigans in Kaohsiung (something about a group of 10 people singing KTV without masks). Watch out you guys!

Guy

Yeah but they should have been told to stay in TPE since two weeks ago. Bit of a joke. Many infections directly traceable to ppl leaving Taipei…Kids going to grandparents …sex workers going south etc.

2 Likes

You talking about ghost money or covid information.

You talking about eye squiggles?

I saw a guy skating in a park in a cordoned off area. Think that would make the news? I wonder how much the government will recoup from from these fines.

Of course the virus originally comes from Taipei since this is where the first cases were. But if the relative share of the greater Taipei region declines, then there must be some reason for this as there are also enough people in Taipei with relatives in Taipei to visit

That is not accurate. I think we all agree that this latest outbreak began with the Novotel leak in Taoyuan.

We should be clear here that this virus will NOT stand still.

Guy

1 Like

Yeah and now we need to protect Taipei from people in south. :exploding_head:

Stop the goddam paranoia we are level 3, not level 4.

1 Like