Coronavirus - Taiwan OPEN June 2021

source?

We don’t have many cases now in most of the country . It can be done.

1 Like

Yeah I’m talking about the public one. Seens like there’s no way for foreigners to use their booking system.
.I also don’t know when I can get the second dose if ever. It’s disgraceful.

1 Like

As long as the positivity rate goes down for the same number of tests, and people aren’t mixing much, you have cause for optimism not pessimism. Because the key is the R being below zero and eventually it will peter out.

2 Likes

I think that was a Taipei mess up, not the CDC/digital minister system, and you don’t seem to live there (guessing!).

CDC announced that AZ first doses will be able to get the second dose around July. (next AZ shipment)

1 Like

Yes I saw that…Since then I’ve seen other announcements about priority this and that. Guess what we aren’t in those priorities.

Let’s see. I wouldn’t call deliberate exclusion a mess up.

Please. That digital minister is an incompetent fuckup. Hasn’t gotten a single thing right. No vision for technical innovation in Taiwan for the future, no mission to improve the state of affairs here.

“ Dr Chiou Shu-ti, former health commissioner of Taipei, said authorities were “playing with fire” by relaxing the requirements while being “complacent” with testing of arrivals.”

I still believe that Taiwan’s reluctance to do mass testing, esp. 100% testing for all arrivals was a wrong policy.

The second monumental cock up was setting the price of testing at USD 250. Just ridiculous. It’s obvious from this that for some reason, they just didn’t want to do testing. It has nothing to do with % of false positives ( Which has a solution).

4 Likes

You are definitely not a priority…but…it is in everybody’s interest not to let the first doses go to waste. Unless they switch to a UK one dose strategy that is, but for now the target is 2 doses.

The AZ is not a one dose vaccine…
UK did not have a one dose strategy.
.Leaving people with one dose of vaccine is unethical. It’s not fully effective at one dose. The Indian variant really requires the two doses.

In Australia, we’ve gone through a few dictatorial woo-woos. It’s not just a one-off. It’s a woo-woo every time a case is detected. If that’s what the public wants, then alrighty-o. But it’s a mistake to suggest that it’s just one short woo-woo. You’re facing the prospect of multiple dictatorial woo-woos everytime a case is detected.

That is not a one dose strategy. We will all be at three months maximum soon …

You want to enjoy your shopping , outdoors and restaurants ?

Or you want to be like Taiwan ?

Playing with words, that would leave you in the exact situation that you are complaining right now.

No. They always have a two dose strategy.

You seem to think Taiwan definitely will get us the second dose on three months. But I don’t see it. That means the immunity could drop. We need the booster to be fully vaccinated.what country gives (sells) people half a vaccine !!
They may not have any AZ to give as they prioritise old people to get shots.

CDC said first dose will get their second dose.

2 Likes

Then they changed the priority list the very next day . I pay attention to what they are doing. There’s a huge number of folks in those priority 1-6. So when and how do we get the second dose ?
Why don’t they tell us now ?

2 Likes

Get someone to check with them…btw should be discussing this in vaccine thread.