Coronavirus - Taiwan Open November/December 2021

0 + 24 = 24 and no deaths.

6 Likes

24 importedā€¦ holy cow.

4 Likes

Well, they could shut the door to arrivals from the USA, which is about half of the new cases over the past week. But we know that will not happen.

New PRC test rules will come into effect January 4, 2022. One hopes this will catch some of the infected passengers before they board the plane.

Guy

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Weā€™re in Taiwan.

2 Likes

You could in theory get it taken a couple of minutes under 72 hours prior though.
Two days prior to departure date, so a 23:39 scheduled departure on Thursday means any test from 00:01 on Tuesday would be ok. Finding some place in the departure city doing tests just after midnight might be a problem though.

1 Like

They just got the first omicron case in NZ. UK dj flying in for a festival. Seven days quarantine three days iso, tested positive on final day of iso but the fucker was already out and about.

Tell me every little entitled Taiwanese American prick is gonna stay at home and not be hitting the clubs.

7 Likes

The vast majority looks to have been caught at the Day 0 PCR test. Also majority seem to be from the US as expected. You can expect this number to increase a bit more as Omicron increases around the world + flight load factor increases due to LNY.

1 Like

what I say? its gona be 50-100 soon.

I already posted that days ago.

3 Likes

heh just last week all of /r/taiwan was in denial that this happens and was convinced that hotels are the only option for quarantine.

So, basically, putting people in ā€œquarantineā€ hotels was not a smart idea. Whoever would have guessed?

2 Likes

Now they are gonna spread them out.

Thatā€™s like the third one in the last month or so, yeah? I wonder why theyā€™re suddenly happening now (omicron? higher occupancy?).

Itā€™s another example of bucks before ā€œthe science!ā€ :rofl:

3 Likes

Stands to reason. I doubt weā€™ll be keeping the cap on this bottle. I saw some interesting stats the other day though that Japanese people are showing more resilience. So maybe it could be locally possible. That could have changed a lot in a few days I guess.

2 Likes

influx of people + global covid infections broke recordsā€¦

peak was April with 900k now itā€™s 1.7MILLION ā€¦and GROWINGā€¦Iā€™m really curious to see what the infection # looks like between 1-6 weeks, because the AUS cdc predicts that everyone will get it.

Both my brothers, most of my cousins, aunt and uncle, sisters-in-law have all had it. So yeah, everyone will get it at some point. Weā€™ll probably be among the last due to Taiwanā€™s zero policy, but thatā€™s not sustainable long term.

5 Likes

waitā€¦how did this guy get to go home after 10 days?

Chen said that after 10 days of quarantine in the hotel, case No. 17,058 returned home where he stayed in his basement and did not come in contact with his family members, who have since tested negative for the virus. Chen predicted that since the case had remained in isolation at home, the odds of community transmission are slim.

I thought 7/7 hasnā€™t started yet?

2 Likes