Coronavirus - Taiwan Open November/December 2021

Whole lot of Taiwanese in this one. Maybe they’re all fleeing back again.

Well yes of course they are. It’s that time of year.

3 Likes

Yes, I think there’s a simple explanation to the increasing numbers of people entering Taiwan.

1 Like

I doubt they will lock down again. Everone is vaccinated except the ones that don’t care to be.

2 Likes

Yes as well as the infected ones.

San Francisco and LA seem to be the biggest ports for incoming US travelers right now. SF which was doing well until two weeks ago is now seeing like 7-8% test positivity rate and 5-10x rise in cases…

3 Likes

I think it’s about time they start testing airport staff and Q-taxi drivers on a regular basis. I had pretty close interaction with airport employees who were just wearing a cloth surgical mask. As the numbers goes up, chance of local transmission does as well.

3 Likes

I was just thinking that earlier as well. I certainly hope they’re already doing that. They must be, right? It seems an obvious step. I hope they’re not waiting until after the horse has bolted (again).

Of course. Omicron is highly contagious.

2 Likes

to be expected. not surprised at all. 2,000,000 worldwide cases as of 12/30. Mind you these are numbers we have recorded. I know quite a few people back in the states who have the sniffles, and they suspect its omicron, but they aren’t bothering to test or just simply using a home test kit and those aren’t being recorded at all.

I bet the Wuhan Health Organization (WHO) is kicking it self for skipping out on Xi in the alphabet. I bet you my bottom dollar WHO and China would have loved the headline, “Xi ends pandemic”

I’m going to say it’s currently at an astronomically high number for actual numbers.

3 Likes

Good point. I’m glad now that the Winnie Health Organisation chose the letter Omicron. They could change it back to Xi, though. They’ve changed the name before to please their masters.

Imagine they release some statement. We will now go back to Xi in the alphabet because we accidentally skipped it without realizing HERRRRPADERP

2 Likes

They’re probably waiting to be 100 percent sure that Omicron is the beginning of the end of the response to the pandemic. Then they’ll change it to Glorious Xi.

I really hope you’re right, but this is Taiwan not the UK…

2 Likes

It’ll be a loooonnngggg CNY break if we need to spend it in lockdown…

1 Like

well…Korea has 10 day AT HOME quarantine and is a bit more lax for covid is imposing 9pm curfews because of omicron. So don’t be so sure. I know it’s two different places, but taiwan has been way more conservative.

My money is on an extended CNY break again. Schools opening up two or three weeks’ later. Probably with remote teaching up to then, not an extended semester. Other workers work from home where possible.

2 Likes

An idiot just pulled down his mask to sneeze two metres from me. All while shouting at his kid to pull his mask up. Pray for me.

2 Likes

pray for you to get omicron over with now ?

3 Likes

I can’t wait for Omicron to get in. Get this bollocks over with.

2 Likes