Coronavirus - Taiwan Open September/October 2021

Okay. Well… not great news, but at least it’s not the dreaded D word.

1 Like

CDC have finally posted the link to the details of todays new cases.

3 Likes

And English link https://focustaiwan.tw/society/202109060009

2 Likes

Could be Charlie Foxtrot…

Is that a new variant?

“Shit, I’m coming down with a bad case of the Foxtrots, honey…”

1 Like

It’s the variant when even social distancing will not work because COVID became electronic and is able to hijack equipment in order to manufacture itself in the real world. Meaning you catch COVID through your phone/tablet/computer.

3 Likes

thought that was already a symptom

1630912300-6135bf2c2a9ee

3 Likes

aaaand here we go again.

1 Like

This has to lead to at least dozens of adults (parents) getting infected right? It would be interesting to see if this transmission chain can be contained.

I think they will put them in isolation as family units, as they can’t exactly separate the kids at that age.
This should hopefully kill of any further spread.

Funny that this teacher passed the virus to these people but no one got from the pilot.

Let’s wait and see.

4 Likes

I’m wondering maybe because pilots are fully vaccinated so their transmission is lower (but not eliminated)

You mean the makers of Nyquil have lead me astray?

CECC Level 2 rules extended until Sept. 20

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/Bulletin/Detail/7GOpqzeF-jiifA2MO-zb9w?typeid=9

仍須關閉之場所:

理容院(觀光理髮、視聽理容)

tea_memes

4 Likes

Great stuff

What in the flaming heck…

The other EVA pilots (not the guy with the kid) have confirmed Delta infections… but they have a different strain. Which means there were TWO separate Delta breaches from EVA pilots happening pretty much simultaneously in Taiwan. If this is true, I’m not even sure we deserve to dodge another bullet. Total incompetence.

7 Likes

Yeah, well, I’m out of here already. I don’t want to do that. It’s sad to see Taiwan go down this path. As someone said back there, it’s probably going to end up like Australia. But since the majority of Taiwanese people don’t seem to care that the country is descending into a single-minded obsession with COVID, I’d rather just sit it out.

1 Like

So long, farewell!

2 Likes