Coronavirus - Taiwan Open September/October 2021

I think they are helping them too. But yes, I have to admit they need it more than we do right now.

1 Like

The regular Japanese think the AZ vaccine is trash and the Moderna vaccine only moderately Better given the recent qc problem. One colleague in Japan basically told meā€¦
They are super picky.

Thank God for that !!!

2 Likes

I just donā€™t understand people who think that way while they are getting absolutely ravaged by COVID. If I were an expat there, this hesitancy to such a degree that theyā€™re giving away millions of doses would piss me off. But Iā€™m not. So their loss is our gain.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think they think itā€™s their loss . They follow their own path there.

Good news, Taiwan is almost 50% vaccinated at one dose.

When do we think we can get to 80ā€° double vaccinated ?

Itā€™s strange. I always thought they were a very conformist society before this outbreak. Theyā€™re the last country Iā€™d think would have problems vaccinating or following COVID protocols.

Wellā€¦ fwiw, I just checked out their vac stats and itā€™s gone up a lot the last couple months, so some people care at least.

3 Likes

They want to get vaccinated but they just want the ā€˜best vaccineā€™ I believe. Yes they are doing well now, definitely donā€™t need those AZ.

Watching NHK this morning and they mentioned that Japan is now up to 60% vaccinated which was said to be more than the USA!!!

6 Likes

Great, more fodder for the Taiwanese media to demonize foreign labor.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s just so awesome. Even as a foreigner, Iā€™m starting to see Japan in a different light. I always respected them, but this brings a new dimension to the country and the people. I imagine Taiwanese are really loving the Japanese now.

4 Likes

The recent quality control problem they had was with a couple of batches of Moderna.

Yeah, they are very vaccine hesitant in Japanā€¦fortunately the vaccination numbers are quite good now over there and most old people over there have been eligible for other vaccines for a whileā€¦so AZ approval there for elderly didnā€™t really mean anything so basically still just offload stock of their AZ which is just doubles as soft-power and clearing out storage, but again as we can all agree, more AZ for everyone else which is great.

2 Likes

I see what you did there.

1 Like

2 + 3 = 5 and zero deaths.

8 Likes

Huh, deja vu. Exact same as yesterday.

1 Like

Yes, had me fooled when TV showed, thought it was yesterday being replayed.

1 Like

and the last part
However, although there appears to be a negligible risk of outdoor COVID transmission, the station assumed the country would be forced to accept mask mandates for a very long time.

He suggested that once the vaccination rate reaches a certain level, all COVID restrictions should be lifted.

1 Like

I think they are formulating a plan as to how to loosen the restrictions but it will be after 9/20.

I still think they keep this kind of situation going until the end of the year. Then they might look at loosing border restrictions for the vaccinated.

He didnā€™t like being locked up in a hotel room for two weeks and wants to do more international travel than all the border controls allow for!

1 Like

I do think we need to get back to normal, but it should only be after everyone who wants a vaccine has gotten their two shots. Then, those that really donā€™t want a vaccine can accept the risks that come with that decision, and those that have had it can rest easy knowing the vaccines 99% protect them against hospitalization and deaths even if their immunity isnā€™t terrific.

12 Likes