Coronavirus - Taiwan Open September/October 2021

And more to the point, shouldn’t they be identified as such and dismissed as not being actual clinical cases?

2 Likes

You would have thought so, wouldn’t you? It just seems a bit convenient to ascribe these positive results identified accidentally to old infections, unless the same thing is happening for a significant proportion of the other detainees.

It’d be interesting to know on what basis they do let people out after a positive test result. I remember they did require negative tests back at the start of the never-ending zombie apocalypse movie, but no idea if they’ve relaxed it since.

2 Likes

I’m not understanding either. Undetected cases that last months? My fully vaccinated daughter got covid and ten days later tested negative.

Just being cynical here, it would seem to me that “containing” clusters around people who are not ill and probably never were is an excellent method of proving one’s epidemiological prowess.

2 Likes

No one gets out of quarantine without a lot of negative tests. For incoming flights, that’s a negative test before you get on the plane to Taiwan, another test immediately upon arrival, a self-test on day 11 (?) of quarantine and another test by an asshole with a stick on a bus on day 12. There is no way anyone is getting out of those 17 days (quarantine + 3 business days before flight) still infectious.

2 Likes

I’m referring more there to the people actually testing positive and being detained/hospitalized, rather than incoming travellers. (Though I should probably have avoided the word “quarantine”.)

I’m pretty sure they were requiring at least 2 negative tests before leaving hospital quarantine too. If you tested positive again, even if you had always been asymptomatic, I think it was another 2 weeks or something insane. The rest of the world dropped that and concluded that a certain number of days without symptoms = not infectious anymore. Not sure what the science is.

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain “the science” is not the main driver of this entire shitshow.

3 Likes

Here you go. Not Kenting but Pingtung County gets a mention.

1 Like

Science:

1 Like

That photo doesn’t even look too bad. The one I saw of Kenting was absolutely heaving.

1 Like

Kind of makes you wonder why it’s a tourist attraction though. That pier doesn’t exactly look inviting.

1 Like

Why do you think the airline will let a passenger onto a flight when she tested positive?

She wasn’t going to fly anyways. You guys are being drama kings this morning.

Guy

2 Likes

Why do you think they (apparently) refused to redo an obvious false positive so that she could take her flight?

Consider what would happen if you said that to her face. You wouldn’t come out alive. These aren’t just statistics we’re talking about: they’re real people having their lives buggered up for absolutely no good reason.

2 Likes

Freedom to fly! With a positive test result!

You guys keep being you. I’ll see you back in the real world once you’ve had enough time to vent.

Guy

1 Like

Someone cannot fly because the roll of the dice says that she can’t?

Look, I know that you know absolutely nothing at all about metrology or science. Bur the “real world” is one in which people suffer because people like you support it, and you support it because (it seems) you’re too lazy to even fill in the gaps in your education. Venting on here doesn’t change anything. The wheels of the state will continue to grind and chew people up. But don’t revel in their misfortune. It’s probably not good for your karma.

2 Likes

Glad we agree on something!

Enjoy your holiday folks.

Guy

2 Likes

I dunno. It’s probably a hoot if you enjoy old tyres, crowds, and breathing through a mask while people get in your way.

Check out the guy in the grey T-shirt and jeans. I imagine he’s saying whatever the Mandarin is for “cracking tyre.”

2 Likes

Then I guess you’re the drama queen? :wink:

1 Like

One of my favorite actors! :laughing:

1 Like