Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments 2023

Shouldn’t that be BEAR-23

2 Likes

c3e94e6a-4580-4e3e-b09d-faf6c3456fb8_text

That occurred to me too, but we’re not supposed to choose names that indicate any particular person, group, or geographical area.

1 Like

1 Like

Dammit I really am sick as a bear and I can’t get a positive test result. So disappointing because Covid is a green light to avoid work.

Lungs are full of alien green goo, coughing like a mutha. Spose I’ll just ride it out. Have to miss the Mono gig at Legacy tonight, mores the pity.

1 Like

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Based on this other thread, it appears you are not alone:

Guy

3 Likes

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-03-04

Local = 11,164

Imported = 233

Deaths = 71

4 Likes

I’ve just got my third cold in as many months. Not as bad as yours by the sound of it, but it seems to be the new thing. I hear literally everyone in England is coughing and sneezing at the moment. Maybe we need a “your random lurgy of the day experience” thread to replace the COVID one.

We do have one, which I linked above:

Guy

Yea I have been having a cold for like 3 weeks now. Not cold for that whole time but rather off and on, a day or two of feeling feverish, but the thermometers don’t register a fever (always below 37C), then feeling better, then some coughing, then feels better, then the fever comes back, and now it’s mainly just feeling a bit more tired than usual and having some rash in random places on the body.

I tried a covid test and it makes NO sense. It gives me 2 extremely faint lines, as in so faint I need to shine a very strong flashlight right onto the paper to see traces of it. It could almost be that those are the lines that are printed onto the paper during manufacturing. If it means anything the test kit expired 6 months ago…

I got no idea what it is…

1 Like

ahhh, but is it a cold, or is a new product from Daszak et al?

For some of the tests you can indeed see extremely faint lines under very bright light - they’re the lines of immobilization antibodies printed on the nitrocellulose membrane, like you said.

Something’s obviously going wrong though if even the control line isn’t showing up. I don’t think you can conclude anything from this and would need to repeat the test.

I’d be surprised if the tests completely stop working just 6 months after the printed expiry date. It probably depends on the manufacturer and storage conditions, though.

1 Like

Maybe you should get checked for mpox. Some of that is unfortunately going around.

Guy

Surely not the dreaded lurgy!

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/lurgy

… a 9 November 1954 programme of The Goon Show, “Lurgi Strikes Britain”, in which Ned Seagoon must deal with a national outbreak of a highly dangerous, highly infectious and — as it turns out — highly fictitious disease known as the Dreaded Lurgi.

1 Like

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-03-05

Local = 10,090

Imported = 217

Deaths = 60

5 Likes

Starting Monday, students will be allowed to decide whether or not to wear a face mask in classrooms, as the mandatory mask rules are eased in schools at all levels, kindergartens, preschools, afterschool institutions and cram schools.

However, students will still have to wear masks inside campus-health centers and when taking school buses and shuttle buses.

5 Likes

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2023-03-06

Local = 6,928

Imported = 152

Deaths = 45

5 Likes

Covid Stats For 2023-03-07

Local = 10,816

Imported = 222

Deaths = 34

3 Likes