Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

So it’s out of the bag. Minister Chen, in my opinion, needs to get ahead of it soon. He needs to start educating the public. We’ve spent so long scaring the public, we need to ‘unscare’ them. Stop all the elderly hypochondriacs in Taiwan, of which there is a great number, from choking up hospital emergency rooms. Alternative treatment venues of non urgent cases, tele medicine (ok in Taiwan maybe not), home outcalls, I don’t know, but something other than the current roll up to a hospital and take a number.

3 Likes

probably already is if this is the case.

Lo said that an analysis of 1,266 local cases from Jan. 1 to March 31 found that 99.7% of Taiwan’s COVID cases have been asymptomatic. However, he said the fatality rate and proportion of severe cases were higher in people “over 70 to 80 years of age” and therefore urged the elderly to get vaccinated as soon as possible to strengthen their immune response to the virus.

2 Likes

I mean if we’re gonna get an actual outbreak… might as well be this one.

1 Like

Well I know my first covid case in Taiwan.

Not been in contact with them in a while.

Talked to someone who also knows the guy and he told me the government were asking people who had contact four days before and four days after symptoms started to stay at home. And get tested obviously.

4 Likes

Taipei Main Station has shut as there’s a covid outbreak.

22 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

The whole station…? Wow.

I don’t see anything about that. Anywhere.

My GF works there. Not main station, she meant the mall underneath. Main Station Mall or whatever its called. Where tge anime shops are

Her works been cancelled and shes sent home

1 Like

Covid Stats For 2022-04-02

Local = 160

Airport = 186

Quarantine = 58

Deaths = 0

6 Likes

Apparently infected went there on 29.

Lol, bit pointless shutting it down now

1 Like

So a single case went there 4 days ago and they’ve closed the entire shopping mall in response? That doesn’t sound like an “outbreak”, and it doesn’t sound like Taiwan is “living with COVID” just yet…

3 Likes

Hopefully we get to a few thousand daily cases soon so they get the crazy ideas out of their heads. Shutting anything down at this point is pointless.

7 Likes

Someone needs to tell these people who run the shopping malls to stop panicking.
We’re constantly being told not to be afraid etc and look at their response to one case.

3 Likes

Yeah, the closure is more concerning than the case itself.

EDIT: Oh crap, I shouldn’t be responding / chatting in this thread. Sorry.

They’ll give up soon

:runaway: :runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:

A fried went to the big Science museum in Taichung today with their kids. They just arrived and were told its being shut down due to confirmed cases.

3 Likes

It seems to be the CECC still requiring that, rather than the people who run the shopping malls? I’d be surprised if the owners were keen to lose several days/weeks of earnings because a customer with a runny nose passed through a few days ago.

And yet they keep closing down places entirely when cases are detected or pass through? I don’t think any of us know at what point they’ll transition from doing that to not doing that? But it hasn’t happened yet, apparently.

Hopefully they stop doing it before 99% of stores, restaurants, shopping malls, schools, etc. are closed and people are saying it’s not technically a lockdown because the factories are running and we’re still allowed to go for a walk around the block once a day lol.

10 Likes

My university has two cases, so they shut the whole thing down. Fucking online. I hate fucking online teaching. Fuckedy-fuck-fuck.

16 Likes