Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

Ah. I wondered when/if that’d start happening again. We just started spring break - I wonder how classes will run when we (semi?) come back.

Minister Chen keeps expressing that they have no plans to change the opening. Yet everything seems to be closing.

1 Like

How are you going to handle the mid term exams?

I think it could be quite a messy few weeks. Obviously a lot of measures are still in place that’ll cause meaningless closures. Some local governments will be more twitchy than others.

But it’ll soon become apparent that we can’t keep closing every building down…we’ll be left with a weird lockdown by default.

3 Likes

So he doesn’t mention ‘closing’?

We just came home from the National Museum of Natural Science. They closed the whole museum for disinfection because a visitor who went there yesterday was tested positive for Covid.

1 Like

Nope. But I think the CECC need to change their edict.

There aren’t even levels anymore…he’s specifically saying go about your normal lives.

This is exactly what happened in NZ…no one could believe they weren’t locking down and Jacinda was going, read my lips, there’s no money in the house.

I mean he could loose his nerve I guess but it seems unlikely.

3 Likes

It becomes weird when the community you live in starts asking everyone to real name register/QR code when entering, even when you live there.

People have stopped checking in. No one wants to be caught.

I haven’t checked in for weeks.

Close down is the new normal in live.

I wont be surprised if schools close and switch to online classes next week.

1 Like

I’ve noticed quite a few (Taiwanese) not doing it recently. I feel like I’m the only one still scanning them sometimes.

I’m still doing it 90% of the time (the remainder being when I forget, or the QR code doesn’t scan immediately because it’s too dark or whatever). Still not sure what happens if there’s a case and you get found to have not checked in, though…

If I was sure there are no fines, I’d be tempted to not bother as well.

1 Like

I’m selfishly glad it’s the start of my university’s one-week spring break. Things are going to be chaotic for a while as everyone figures out how to manage the next stage.

Plus I guess my chances of catching the virus over the next week are quite low, and by the time my chances go up again, mild cases will probably be able to stay home. (They’re not supposed to yet, are they? I’ve lost track.)

2 Likes

XE xenomorph edition. told you its coming.

The new variant has been described as being 10% more transmissible than previous Omicron viruses and is seen as a mutant hybrid of the earlier BA.1 and BA.2 versions.

SHUT IT ALL DOWN NOW!!

nobody gives a shit

We found the friend!

It was the underground Taipei City operated mall (the one directly under Civic Boulevard) that seemed to be closed. The station was not closed.

Guy

1 Like

Lucky I just got two cases of tonic water and a few bottles of gin.

4 Likes

Is this like Windows XE (or was that XP)? Same as the old Windows, but 10% faster.

Not even CECC really. Chen seems relaxed compared to earlier outbreaks. I think the last people to reach the acceptance stage will be the local mayors.

4 Likes