Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

Did they provide you with a timeline?

Guy

1 Like

I think we’re WFH next week. I’ll do it next week on account of the smashing weather forecast but there is no way I’m staying home after that.

I mean, if we go to WFH for 150 cases we could be out for months. Fuck that. Still, silver lining….no reason I can’t work from Phuket.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if they’ll go into lockdown again. If they do then I won’t have much choice but to leave. I’ve had my vaccine and booster shots. Looking at the science omicron is a lot safer than delta or deltacron. Sure we needed a proper 5-7 years to develop the right vaccine but certain countries didn’t want to do the right thing.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s just it - assuming this finally is the Outbreak That Cannot Be Contained (and Taiwan’s certainly surprised me before!), cases are going to go up and remain high for a very long time. Under what circumstances would they announce a return to offices and schools?

1 Like

Id welcome WFH to be honest. I felt less stress, less tired, got more sleep and had more free time in evenings. No aching joints from standing on MRT for 40 minutes. No dealing with people. I loved it.

I was annoyed that my company didnt make WFH permanent. There is literally zero i cant do at home.

On the downside, wfh will likely mean everything shutting, so the things i enjoy will be limited.

Downside of having a rabbit, 2 rats, fish and a stag beetle …i cant go back to England and ride it out.

2 Likes

The public schools aren’t going to close. My daughter’s teacher was really proactive last time. Practicing using comp. Asking us to take books home just in case etc. The schools obviously know the info before it is released to the public. Not a peep this time.

2 Likes

That’s why I’m curious about what the current policies actually are. Wasn’t there a policy that, if two students in a school got the virus, the school had to shut down for a couple of weeks? But I’m not sure if that’s in effect now (or if I’m remembering it accurately anyway). If it is still in effect, there may not need to be any official announcement of distance learning, because almost all the schools will wind up doing it anyway.

1 Like

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4493640

Currently there are 39 schools closed so I’m presuming the rules haven’t changed.

2 Likes

There was a list of all the public schools that have already shut down posted in Taiwan News yesterday. It’s about 50 schools in total across the island but mostly New Taipei City.

Ha! No they dont.
If anything, they get a 5min heads up.
Schools are already shutting down.
50+ now

I mean if they are shutting down all schools and going online. We were practicing using the comp for two weeks before it happened last year so they were having meetings about it and mulling it over before the decision was made.

Obviously they don’t have prior warning when somebody suddenly gets infected and they have to shut like the 50 you mentioned.

Take back your Ha you son of a gun

Yeah, I doubt it will be a nation wide or even city wide shut down. But I bet there will be lots of cases which means individual schools will be shutting down here and there like a game of whack a mole.

Nah, a chuckle now and then is good for our health.

Besides, once the ha is out of the bag theres no puttin it back.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All in good jest

1 Like

Do you have the list of the 50? A link?

The one above is for 39.

Anyone?

Any schools in Xindien?

no. I was going off of a previous poster above.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

Riiiiight… I’m assuming you don’t have young kids. WFH is hell for parents. Okay not “hell”, but very difficult for the kids and parents alike. At least the parents that don’t want their kids to be iPhone zombies all day… we have to constantly think of activities to keep them busy and entertained, as well as give them a bit of the schooling they’re missing out on. The kids aren’t working off the energy they usually do from being outside with their peers in the playground, so they act out more. Plus, we still have to WFH while juggling these needs. It’s hard. I agree with @jimipresley fuck WFH.

7 Likes

Frame that and hang it on the wall.
Amen.

1 Like

Nope, child free. Which is why I enjoyed it.

Last summer we went from alot more cases than this back to zero, in the space of a few months.

I guess that’s what they’re trying with this closing thing. I don’t really understand the ultimate endgame, but I’m not complaining - just want to get to summer school vacation with schools still open.

2 Likes

I think it might be 39. I tried looking through Taiwan news for the updated article but could only find the ones that was posted earlier. That number will probably go up on Wednesday/Thursday when tomb sweeping holiday finishes.

1 Like