Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

My husband did a home quarantine in Taipei when this first started when the rule was 1 person 1 room. No one checked on him or collected any trash. He tested negative of course. He got the daily texts and a few calls.

2 Likes

well they certainly didn’t pick up any trash during the 7 day home quarantine this year on arrivals…

1 Like

My wife and family did it when they quarantined in our home last year. They called 1922 and arranged a pickup. They had to ask for it wasn’t automatic.

This link explains it. Ask the officer that checks you every day and you can apply with the environmental protection bureau to pick up.

https://health.gov.taipei/News_Content.aspx?n=416BCB37CFFAC913&sms=87415A8B9CE81B16&s=114A3A4906997591

2 Likes

There is because she was numbnutted enough to grass herself up in Instagram.

1 Like

OK, but still not funny having your life ruined for being an idiot. It’s bad enough being handicapped by being an idiot.

Also creepy that the authorities are apparently trawling through social media to find people incriminating themselves. It’s hardly novel, but the fact that they’re using as a compliance tool (as opposed to a means of catching actual criminals) is worrying.

2 Likes

For once, I agree with you. That’s a HUGE amount for a very small action that barely adds any fuel to a fire that’s already raging. This kid will be paying this off for a long time.

Exactly. She has committed no crime except for being “disobedient”. You probably get fined less than that for a hit-and-run.

They’re not going to put the genie back in the bottle by hurting people, although it’s hardly a novel playbook. Many other governments tried it. The difference here is that those governments which were honest enough to initiate inquiries are coming to the conclusion that it did do harm. And here’s Taiwan, blundering on ahead regardless.

I really don’t know what they’re trying to achieve here. It seems to me the whole thing just takes on a life of its own once someone starts it rolling, and it just has to play out to its tragic conclusion.

4 Likes

A class at my daughter’s school got cancelled yesterday due to a case but there were two kids waiting outside the classroom today.

Don’t you know your class has to stay home?

No

Quickly call your mom and tell her to come.

Ridiculous. How did they tell parents? Just a line message? You would think they would make sure the classmates know.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Traveling during Covid-19

hahaha

I have a bridge for sale. Interested?

Of course it was here. My hunch is its been here a while.

1 Like

I held mine until quarantine ended.

1 Like

Hoarder.

3 Likes

I wasn’t gonna step out. I live in a gated community.

Yeah, me too. At least I have three balconies for the vermin to fester and the stench to dissipate. I feel for the lot who live in places without even bloody windows!

1 Like

Just keep a bag in the freezer and put the food waste in that. Stops it from rotting/smelling. That’s what I did anyway.

3 Likes

I also rinse any plastic or cardboard that comes in contact with food.

2 Likes

The first obvious omicron breaches were in January. So yeah it’s been around now in the community for at least four months.

Guy

From Friday all cram school teachers need to be triple vaxxed. I assume this means the unvaxxed teachers will still be allowed to test negative every week and continue teaching?

1 Like

Well, they can go fuck themselves. I’ve had two vaccinations and they fucked me up badly. I’ll find another fucking afternoon job. :rage:
What do they even think it means? Vaccinations do jack-shit for transmission.
I’ve reached the end of my tether. Cretins. :rage:

17 Likes

If you scan the qr codes to enter buildings and you get a message saying a case was traced there and they advise you to self test and report if positive…is this a must? Are you legally obligated to buy a self test and report or is it optional?