Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

The rules are more harmful than the virus itself.

5 Likes

Anyone else have room mates? Not sure how it’s gonna work for self-iso or a positive test result when multiple of us share a bathroom and need to go to the front door or kitchen for food anyway. What’s considered fair in this scenario?

1 Like

I don’t think that meets the minimum requirements to get approved for home quarantine.

2 Likes

This seems to indicate that it is allowed as long as the bathroom is disinfected after each use and there are not any infected staying in the same room as an uninfected.

1. The one person per room (en-suite room) principle should be followed. Cohabitants with confirmed infection may share a room. Cases can isolate in a room without a bathroom if a shared bathroom can be cleaned and disinfected after each use. Cases must practice a seven-day self-health management after being released from isolation.

2. Cohabitants without confirmed infection: isolate in separate rooms in the same residence; in principle, the number of cohabitants without infection who isolate in the same residence should not exceed four. Such cohabitants should undergo isolation until ten days after the first day when the last confirmed case in the household was diagnosed to be infected. They should take at-home rapid tests on the fifth and tenth day of their isolation period (every three days if there is a new confirmed case in the household). After being released from isolation, they should practice enhanced self-health management for seven days and take an at-home rapid test on the third and seventh day.

C. Home care and case management:
a. Isolation: confirmed cases meeting the above requirements will be given a COVID-19 Designated Location Isolation Notice and be informed to isolate at home by local governments which manage cases through the Digital Fencing System and send text messages to them for follow-up care.
b. During isolation:

1. Local governments set up a COVID-19 care and support center for confirmed cases to provide support and distribute rapid test kits; local governments would provide pulse oximeters or arrange telemedicine service or hospital referrals if necessary.

2. During the isolation period, confirmed cases should follow the precautions for confirmed COVID-19 cases and pay attention to the following matters:
    (1) Fill out the COVID-19 Self-administered Contact Tracing Form, voluntarily report symptoms, risk factors and close contacts, and contact their close contacts and ask them to do self-screening and self-monitoring for ten days.
    (2) Closely monitor symptoms. If shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, persistent chest pain, chest tightness, loss of consciousness, blue skin, lips or nails or other symptoms develops, they should call 119 or 1922 or contact their local health department.
    (3) If other symptoms develop or medical needs arise, they are advised to seek telemedicine or contact home care medical teams for assessment.

3. Cohabitants without infection should follow the precautions for contacts of COVID-19 cases and guidance on caring for COVID-19 patients at home and should pay attention to the following matters:
    (1) Monitor health status and observe for fever, coughing and other related symptoms. (2) Observe the one person per room rule at home and avoid sharing bathrooms and leaving their room. If it is necessary to share bathrooms, bathrooms should be cleaned and disinfected with diluted bleach and alcohol after each use.
    (3) Windows in shared spaces should remain open to ensure good ventilation. Clean and disinfect all high-touch surfaces with diluted bleach and alcohol every day.
    (4) COVID-19 patients should wear a mask after leaving their room and using the bathroom. Both cohabitants and confirmed cases must wear masks when cohabitants enter confirmed cases’ rooms or come into contact with them, and cohabitants must practice hand hygiene before and after caring for confirmed cases.

c. Criteria for release from isolation:

1. Confirmed cases: need to meet the following two criteria before being released from isolation and should practice a 7-day self-health management after release
    (1) For cases with symptoms, resolution of fever for at least one day, and abatement of symptoms.
    (2) The result of an at-home rapid test taken 10 or more days after the onset of symptoms or the date of specimen collection is negative or such a result remains positive but the result of a PCR test is negative or the Ct value is ≥30.
  2. Cohabitants without confirmed infection: 10 or more days have passed since the date when the last confirmed case in the household was diagnosed to be infected, and everyone undergoing isolation in the household (including confirmed cases undergoing isolation) test negative by rapid testing; individuals without infection undergoing isolation in the same household can be released from isolation, and they should practice enhanced self-health management for seven days and take a rapid test both on the third and seventh day. A result from a rapid test taken as mentioned above remains positive but the PCR test result is negative or the Ct value is ≥30, such result is considered negative, and the individual can be considered as meeting the criteria.
    For details, please view the guidelines at 首頁-衛生福利部疾病管制署 (Chinese only).
3 Likes

They need to be sensible about quarantining. The numbers are becoming unmanageable.

If they’re not going to concede to the inevitable and drop it completely, then perhaps if someone tests positive the whole household has to quarantine at home for two weeks? Still mad, but less so.

Also, people can’t lose wages if they quarantine. That’s nucking futs.

15 Likes

Yeah, nobody is going to do that. What does that even mean? Spraying bleach around after each visit?

1 Like

I think they know it’s absolutely nuts. It’s all made to people not go testing or scanning codes so they can put the blame on others.

They just wait for enough people being angry about the ridiculous rules so they can say see we didn’t want this, but we have to drop quarantine for close contacts. Only infected people stay at home.

2 Likes

The CECC needs to get their s**t together. Its evident the cases are gonna double next week and this wont stop for a while and they are coming up with highly complicated rules that most people will never understand and the rules make no sense at all. So if i am a close contact because i ate in a restaurant with a case i had 0 idea about and now i will lose my money for that?Hell no… Its only gonna cause mass confusion and disorder and just everyone gonna lie and not coordinate

4 Likes

They should just follow the NZ example.

You’re advised to stay at home if you test positive and there’s an app to communicate with the health authorities but it’s pretty much on you.

Let’s face it, contact tracing is finished, most cases are asymptomatic, loads of people in the current weather are going to have false symptoms.

It’s Chinatown Jake.

9 Likes

That’s the worst of it. Absolute outrageous ruling to be honest. I thought it was only my company, but it seems to be the norm.

I wish I could say I’m surprised at Taiwanese companies shitting on workers but I’m not.

6 Likes

His girlfriend is a good match, as she will also be fined for going out to toss trash during quarantine.

In an Instagram post responding to the news of her boyfriend’s isolation violation, the woman, who has also tested positive for COVID, wrote “Fortunately, I didn’t go out, at most I took out the garbage.” The health department was informed of the post and commenced an investigation.

Investigators soon found that she is in fact a resident of Taipei City and notified the city’s health department. In response to the news, Taipei City Deputy Mayor Tsai Ping-kun (蔡炳坤) on Tuesday morning (April 19) told the media that if she was found to have violated the Communicable Disease Control Act (傳染病防治法), she will face fines of between NT$200,000 and NT$1 million.
New Taipei woman faces up to NT$1 million fine for IG post about tossing trash during quarantine | Taiwan News | 2022-04-19 13:45:00

3 Likes

Wow, She sounds like a catch

COVID deaths

The two deaths reported on Tuesday include a two-year-old boy and a man in his 90s. The toddler, case No. 31,552, was a resident of New Taipei City who had no history of chronic disease and had not been vaccinated.

The boy became ill on April 13, was diagnosed on April 15, and was admitted to an intensive care unit. Doctors intubated him and placed him on a ventilator as they administered steroids, immunomodulators, and Remdesivir. However, he succumbed to sepsis and brainstem encephalitis brought on by the COVID infection on Monday evening (April 18).

The elderly man, case No. 30,297, had a history of cancer, heart failure, and chronic kidney disease. He received three doses of the COVID vaccine, but began experiencing symptoms of the virus on April 13.

He was diagnosed with COVID on April 14. An X-ray revealed that the man had pneumonia and was treated with Remdesivir, but he died of acute renal failure caused by the COVID infection.

2 Likes

Question: What are you supposed to do with your trash? Because you can get food delivery to either cook or eat takeout, fine. But then what? Is there some kind of service where people will take your trash away? I doubt it, because it would be considered infected and “need” spraying by the Ghostbusters. So…? I guess I must be missing something obvious, like in this video:

1 Like

What was the positive percent today?

1 Like

" Or people just ignore " like these teens :rofl:

That is some pricey trash.

Hope she enjoyed the experience.

Guy

2 Likes

And a pricey basketball game XD

1 Like

There is absolutely nothing funny about that.

Anyone know who is enforcing these fines? Is it the CECC themselves? Is there any legal recourse?

It seems to me this nonsense is only going to stop when all the members of the CECC have put themselves in quarantine.

3 Likes

I read somewhere health dept will arrange trash pickup. This was the same when they allowed home quarantine last year.

1 Like