Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

Not a mistake. They did this with a Taiwanese live streamer last week. Two per room. They have to keep their masks on………except when sleeping. Clown show.

I assume they only do this when both are positive.

All young people on the bus according to that streamer which didn’t make sense to me.

This guy. Not sure which video I saw, so you can have a look yourself. He has a few videos from the place.

3 Likes

You’re forced to stay with a complete stranger? A bit like going to jail.

9 Likes

Be OK if it was a hot chick :hatching_chick:

8 Likes

Not so good if it’s a psychopath.

1 Like

It’s all as expected. I wonder why people are not expecting exactly this to happen. The dentist in chief is about saving face not actually preventing anything.

I wonder why anybody tests in first place. I’ve long advised here to get rid of your mobile phone. Leave it at home or at work and live freely of a spying network. You cannot get into some places then maybe, well double win. Less chance to actually be infected but mostly less chance to get put into this quarantine farce without any symptoms…

If they start making you register going in and out of your own house, I will consider camping or leaving Taiwan. The chance to be caught up is low, but but far from nil. Over 60.000 in quarantine in Taiwan right now…

2 Likes

It’s not a mistake, they announced that change in policy last week in the daily presser. Sorry, I don’t remember, which day it was.

1 Like

10 posts were split to a new topic: In quarantine with a stranger

The 2-year-old Covid patient has died:

Regrettably, the boy died at 03:46 a.m. on April 19 accompanied by his parents due to acute new coronavirus infection complicated by sepsis and brainstem encephalitis.

https://www.appledaily.com.tw/life/20220419/K3J3H7EZEVFPZCI74EUY4BOABM/

1 Like

I actually have a friend who is Taiwanese who went to a school in the US and his roommate got Covid twice. I think he wore his mask when in the room (the school wouldn’t give him one) and escaped Covid. He was not happy about it. I think in Taiwan it will be tough as everyone shares small spaces.

3 Likes

Covid Stats For 2022-04-19

Local = 1,626

Airport = 89

Quarantine = 12

Deaths = 2

Newest Severity of Symptoms Statistics

8 Likes

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sick leave because of covid infection/quarantine

Sad to see two deaths.

I wonder why it took 3 days to report one of them?

Any news on the male who was younger than 5? And I guess the male in his 90s had all 3 shots.

The command center pointed out that there were 2 new deaths today (case 30297 and case 31553), males in their 90s and under 5 years old respectively. The child patient was diagnosed with severe infection on March 1, and the old male case in his 90s had received 3 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and had a history of chronic disease. The two cases were treated with remdesivir and other drugs during hospitalization, and died on April 16 and April 19, respectively.

1 Like

So the 2 year old was sick for a month and a half? You sure that March 1 date is correct? There was almost no Omicron in Taiwan around that time.

2 Likes

I just report the news off the CDC website.

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ladenframe/status/1516300107033214979

7 Likes

My question is (a) whether he or she is the two year old being discussed recently (I believe he or she had underlying conditions), and (b) if not, any underlying conditions for this other youngster? With a son who is ten and with me very, very seriously considering not agreeing to vaccination, I am naturally curious and wanting more information.

4 Likes