Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments April 2022

I thought they were re-required for lecturers a few weeks ago. Maskless is still fine for people exercising outdoors. At least as far as I know.

Yeah I’m still riding my road bike sans mask.

1 Like

I know two sets of parents whose kids had to isolate. The kid was supposed to be in a separate room. The dads went to work and when they came home, they just ate together and carried on.

I’m making mine stay in her room and eat by herself etc. she is loving the iPad freedom but she keeps asking to eat with us. Feel a bit stupid following the rules when it is a charade at this point.

Do they really think people are disinfecting the toilet after every use? Staying in separate rooms?

2 Likes

Some people are, I know someone who did, but they are definitely the minority and are very scared of COVID. Give them time, they’ll soon realize how silly they’ve been

1 Like

Awesome, I hope it goes through. I am (hopefully) doing a 4 weeks Mandarin course in Kaohsiung in July, but current quarantine rules for travellers make it impossible for me, as half of the trip would be in isolation and the quarantine hotel would break my budget (compared to living in the dormitory)

4 Likes

Going through the motions. Nobody in charge believes any of it is effective, but nobody wants to be held responsible.

1 Like

I’ve reported you. And your bike.

1 Like

Toasting the tables has once again been forbidden

2 Likes

How can we survive without it.

#weareallshanghainow

Guy

2 Likes

no mention of multimedia parlours this time?

1 Like

You aren’t in the UK anymore! You have traveled back in time to May 2020 :wink:

1 Like

I know they don’t require masks in the gym yet, but I wasn’t sure about lecturing. Luckily my boss doesn’t seem to mind either way, but I’d like to know for sure.
:pray:

1 Like

That must be one huge ass toaster if it can fit a table. Most I can fit in mine is 2 poptarts.

1 Like

My wife says you can only get tests for one person at a time. So I will have to queue three times at the pharmacy tomorrow morning. Keeps me busy, I guess.

1 Like

Why do you need three?

BD is a family man. If you read the thread, you’d know that.

Guy

1 Like

But you will get five so no need to go three times tomorrow. Spread the pain out.

Anyone asking the authorities why the government didn’t stockpile rapid test kits?
There is quite a number of domestic firms that have been approved for the product for at least 1 year now. In the last 12 months, why isn’t there a warehouse full of them to hand out freely to residents, knowing that this likely would happen (like it did overseas). Now the typical Taiwanese are frantically searching for them, because their children sneezed once or coughed once.
Always reactive, never proactive.

11 Likes

I think you’ve answered your own question. I remember that at the start of the mini-outbreak last year, there was an article talking about how the authorities were sending people out to scout for quarantine facility locations, as though that was an impressive approach 1.5 years into the thing. :man_facepalming:

Same with the vaccines, but at least they were able to try and blame that exclusively on China.

4 Likes

I’ve still been taking mine off, would be interested to hear if that has changed

1 Like