Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments July-October 2022

This is the problem we have with a return to anything approaching normality.

And why would you expect a change of course (loosening of restrictions) right now as we are still climbing the BA.5 curve?

We’re not changing course because BA.5 infections are high. So, how does that ever end?

“Fucking farcical” doesn’t begin to sum this up.

2 Likes

Oh yes, the unvaccinated will be a thing of the past soon. At 20 odd a day, I’m surprised any are left.

3 Likes

And as reported cases do go down again, as they are apt to do: “We can’t risk loosening restrictions now because cases will increase again.”

3 Likes

We’re speaking of the unvaccinted pensioners. This virus will—beyond today’s number—keep finding them.

Guy

They have signalled very clearly that more changes are coming as we hit the backside of the BA.5 wave. I have predicted 0+7 is coming in the Fall, and based on everything I’ve seen I still think I will be right.

Guy

A fair number of the handful of purported COVID deaths each day are vaccinated as well, to some degree or another, so it might take a while…

Number 3 is a good one. Some sterling work by the CDC there. Her chronic disease history was “History of chronic disease (Survey)” and her COVID symptoms were “Survey”.

Sounds serious. I’m surprised she reached her 90s. If only she’d gotten vaccinated, she might have lived another 90 years. :clown_face: :earth_asia:

3 Likes

Hope so, though I’m not too sure of the value of the “+7” at that point.

As will all viruses.

1 Like

My modeling? My modeling? Yesterday I predicted 93 million cases for today. I think we can be clear that my modeling is strictly for the catwalk.

3 Likes

Liked for candour. :grin:

Guy

Taiwan recorded nearly 47,000 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday—the most in a single day since the end of June. The government attributes the uptick in cases to the highly contagious Omicron subvariants.

4 Likes

Somebody clear things up for me please: you arrive and quarantine for 3 nights staying behind closed doors. What happens after that? Can you check out of the hotel down to your “regular” hotel/Airbnb, and just need to get tested every morning?

I’ve been referring to this

4 Likes

Thanks, so same location for the whole 8 days. Although I heard friends say they ditched their hotel from day 4. Chabuduola.

EDIT: oh never mind lower in the article it says you can be at different locations.

2 Likes

Hmm, I’ve been doing home q so didn’t pay close attention to that. There’s a follow-up linked

2 Likes

Yes you can go to a normal hotel after that. That’s what my stepmom did anyways.

Q hotels are expensive as hell.

1 Like

Report Completed1

Covid Stats For 2022-09-14

Local = 49,540

Imported = 168

Deaths = 37

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Cumulative Table Of Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

6 Likes

This is not permitted, even under the liberalized rules that took effect on September 1.

Guy

1 Like

Report Completed1

37 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on September 14, 2022

There were 37 new local deaths today, including 21 males and 16 females, aged in their 20s to 90s. All had severe infections, 34 had a history of chronic disease, 32 hadn’t received the recommended 3 doses of COVID-19 vaccine and 21 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was from July 17 to September 11, today (2022), and the date of death was from September 3 to September 11.

Female = 16 (43.24%)
Male = 21 (56.76%)

Age Distribution

90s = 10 (27.03%)
80s = 9 (24.32%)
70s = 8 (21.62%)
60s = 2 (5.41%)
50s = 3 (8.11%)
40s = 4 (10.81%)
20s = 1 (2.70%)

Vaccination Doses

0 doses = 21 (56.76%)
1 doses = 6 (16.22%)
2 doses = 5 (13.51%)
3 doses = 4 (10.81%)
4 doses = 1 (2.70%)

Chronic Disease History

Yes = 34 (91.89%)
None = 3 (8.11%)

Vaccine Status For Deaths With No Chronic Disease History

0 doses = 2 (Ages → F-80s, F-70s)
3 doses = 1 (Ages → M-60s)

Click to see detailed cases report

Original CECC Report of 2022-09-14

9月14日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

Cumulative Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

et al

7 Likes

“Meanwhile, people who wish to change locations after completing the three-day quarantine – such as by moving from a quarantine hotel to a private residence – will no longer need to apply to the local government for permission to do so, he said.”

From my interpretation of this, it means an AirBnB would be ok?