Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

What would you assume that “quarantine” can be shared with someone already in Taiwan?

Consider toning down your expectations. If this love of your life is real, you can get through this.

Guy

Considering they will most likely shag in the car without masks, does it really matter if they quarantine together?

2 Likes

At what point are you going to stop saying something along these lines? 2032?

2 Likes

I’m not talking about quarantine, I am talking about self health management. We’ve talked about this many times, but it’s just ridiculous that there are different rules for self health management for people inside Taiwan and for people who are coming to Taiwan. If Taiwan still had 0 cases, okay, different story…

5 Likes

The man is arriving in Taiwan, quarantine has just been shortened, and he is expressing surprise that quarantine means you cannot share a room with someone already in Taiwan.

I am sorry for expressing surprise that such a situation produces surprise.

Guy

3 Likes

I’m surprised that you’re not surprised that quarantine means you’re fine sharing a car trip with someone already in Taiwan. But the CECC permits it, so it must be a good decision yeah?

6 Likes

I think he is expressing surprise that his girlfriend is allowed to drive him home from the airport, in a confined space, yet not allowed to stay with him afterwards.
It sounds stupid to me.

14 Likes

Fair enough. The pick up at the airport part does sound stupid.

Guy

5 Likes

Good. We’ll get you questioning the logic of CECC rulings with time. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

It produces surprise because it’s clearly bollocks. Daft as fuck bollocks. I guess you’ll respond with something about new variants.

7 Likes

Is there a running theory that quarantine hotels are bribing / lobbying the CECC? Some sort of guanxi high up the chain?

That’s literally the only explanation that makes a little bit of sense for the completely irrational policy

1 Like

Aww yea! Another thousand saved!

Yea. This is starting to make less and less sense.

1 Like

Not likely.

More likely.

It (very obviously) undermines the entire point of quarantine, but I assume there’s some political stuff preventing them abolishing it entirely, so they’re doing this silly halfway measure instead.

1 Like

https://www.cdc.gov.tw/File/Get/i8hfeuSql_hDjSNQddby5g

143 Confirmed COVID-19 Deaths Reported on June 15, 2022

Female = 61 (42.66%)
Male = 82 (57.34%)

Age Distribution

90s = 39 (27.27%)
80s = 51 (35.66%)
70s = 26 (18.18%)
60s = 12 (8.39%)
50s = 7 (4.90%)
40s = 7 (4.90%)
30s = 1 (0.70%)

Vaccination Status

64 were unvaccinated (44.76%)
17 had one dose (11.89%)
21 had two doses (14.69%)
41 had three doses (28.67%)

Click to see detailed cases report

3 Likes

Ahh. Finally. Some answers to FAQs to clear up any misunderstandings about the new 3+4 thingy.

From 0:00 on June 15, the number of days of home quarantine for entry has been revised to 3+4

Frequently Asked Questions here!

Q1: Can relatives and friends live together during the entry quarantine 3+4 self-prevention period?

Q2: What kind of application do I need to make if I go to the airport to pick up my relatives and friends back home?

Q3: After finishing the 3-day home quarantine at the anti-epidemic hotel, can I go home for 4-day self-quarantine?

Q4: What is necessary to go out for self-prevention?

Q5: What should a quarantined person do if they go out and do not return or lose contact during the self-prevention period?

Pass it on to relatives and friends who will come to Taiwan/return to Taiwan.

3 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

If they can read Chinese, or they like to read frequently asked questions in English.

2 Likes

I can’t read Chinese. There’s a very slim chance that friends or relatives can, either.

1 Like