Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

What a screwup. I’ll be sure to let the MP’s office know.

8 Likes

Taiwan news facebook comments from those anti vaxxers are the worst. Really sad for the family.

2 Likes

Yeah, those cowards don’t give a shit about the insensitive conspiracy crap they spew on FB now. They lock their profiles because they can dish it, but not take it of course.

I know she got the 3 shots, probably only the 3rd was during pregnancy though.

Sorry missed this reply, yeah babies are known for being less vulnerable to Covid, luckily.

10 days of nappies. That could be more than 50 dirty nappies stinking up the place.

What about women sanitary products?

1 Like

You hold it. Wrap it in bags and keep it until you are allowed to leave.

My friend, you are assuming that everyone lives in places with balconies, with windows, like we do. Can you imagine what it must be like, trapped in a home with no windows and balconies and bagsful of garbage, used sanitary products and shitty nappies?

2 Likes

No I’m not. I’ve done quarantine. I don’t have a balcony myself.

I get it. I’ve done it. I’m not making a tone deaf suggestion from a pedestal. I’m saying this because it’s quite literally the only option

As informed, there may be a system of garbage collection if you happen to be within Taipei City. It remains to be seen if it will function correctly within the next few weeks.

If you are in Not Taipei, this remains your only option.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

Can anyone give a run-down for dummies on how to buy some antigen tests? It seems like it is a 2 hour affair, but I’m not sure where or when to go.

I have a robot testkit locator line contact added but my rudimentary chinese and google translate are not doing me any favors.

Also, I am currently awaiting arrival of my ARC/NHI. Is it possible to buy some without either of these numbers?

1 Like

It’s been that way for a while. No one in the world but China, HK, Taiwan doing quarantine. Even Japan is giving it up. The rest of the world moved on over a year ago.

The walls are closing in. One of my students is confirmed, and about a dozen are close contacts and are in quarantine. Still, classes go on. I think it’s only a matter of time before I get the Rona.

3 Likes

we ALL will get it. its just about what time

1 Like

All the local schools around me are closed for a week. That is four elementary schools that feed my buxiban.

The kid behind mine at school got it. My MOL’s dance classmate got it. They kept it quiet a few days so not so many people would need to quarantine. One of my students got it. But I hadn’t taught him for a week so I was safe.

If I don’t get it in the next few weeks, my money would be on that I had it a few weeks back when the kids were sick.

1 Like

Guys I think the 1922 has been replaced by local lines. There was a link in CNA about it, can’t find it now, but if someone can post it/has posted it, it may help in case anyone needs it.

They were telling people to avoid ER and hospitals in general, PCR is currently only at specific testing sites but yes, they are mulling getting local clinics into the game…for obvious reasons.

The authorities are about to throw in the towel and accept the rapid test only, they are mulling it, again, as per CNA. You still might need PCR now for WFH or government compensation/treatment if so required.

So basically as said before, try to prepare for the worst. Get a rapid test kit. Find a way to get to - and back from- hospital if necessary. Again stock up on painkillers, soup and especially, throat lozenges, throat and cough syrup. Figure garbage alternatives. Make friends with the lizhang/building security guards/local gossip lady. Get your support net going: pals that can bring you stuff/who may need you to get stuff. Someone with a car would be ideal.

6 Likes

They are talking about scrapping quarantine requirements for those who are triple vaxxed. I do not think they can quarantine everyone who tests positive. It would cause an economic meltdown.

It makes sense to scrap quarantine for triple vaxers. When the cases get to 50000 and half the population is in home isolation even if for just 7 days who will work? It only make sense

2 Likes

I saw lines and lines of people. But that was because they thought only pharmacies could be the answer. My wife went 5 minutes away, and went into a childrens pharmacy/clinic and they had loads of rapid kits still sitting on their shelf. So…my recomendation is find a small, or otherwise unknown clinic or location and buy them there.

4 Likes

I was just going to post the same thing. My friend’s husband just drove to the pharmacy in a small village off the freeway and they had lots of them. County people don’t seem to have the same need to stockpile tests.

2 Likes