Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

The protection was for them, not you. :grinning:

This is the reverse quarantine lunchbox. My Covid free husband in 10 day quarantine is bbqing on the roof and left me some snacks outside our apartment door. Still warm. Meanwhile people with Covid can stay in their own homes with other family members.

12 Likes

Sounds like not a bad way of doing quarantine!

2 Likes

That guy is a keeper. Donā€™t mess this up! :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

The R number is the number of people that one infected person passes a virus to, on average.

Iā€™m not sure what this has to do with TPR

39 years. I think Iā€™ll keep him.

9 Likes

This is the latest chart. Should be good for the weekend.

The annoying part is that my kid has been away from the case for two days but her first day starts tomorrow. The day after the PCR result.

2 Likes

Was that according to the quarantine notice? Iā€™m currently in isolation (unofficially) because my colleague tested positive on a rapid test, but her PCR hasnā€™t come back yet. Does this mean that when the PCR comes back and I get the official notice, Iā€™ll have to start 3 days from the beginning again?

33 posts were split to a new topic: I need to send in a form labout my movements and contacts

I donā€™t know, but that chart shows that day 1 is the first day after the positive PCR. This has been confirmed by the teacher and we have received the paper.

I know that some companies havenā€™t been doing that.

1 Like

I think Iā€™ll keep the kid off school for a bit once she is allowed back. Until they change the rules basically.

I canā€™t have her cooped up in the house for a week, released for a day and then doing another week.

So Iā€™ll keep her off school and then at least she can go outside and play.

The Mrs is at home with the little one and she thinks it is a good idea.

Hopefully it is only for a few weeks until they change the rules regarding contacts.

3 Likes

Anyone experience insomnia and mild hallucinations when symptomatic with Covid? Asking for a friendā€¦

What kind of hallucination? Are you seeing pink elephants?

My friend says that anything tall and slender becomes a person when seen from the corner of eye. Like when you walk past someone leaning still against a wall and just notice them right before they leave your periphery vision.

1 Like

My kid is in the same situation and they are counting day 1 as the day after you last had contact. Not the day of the PCR result.

3 Likes

The Bible mentioned something similarā€¦ where Jesus restored sight to a man who was born blind and he saw a bunch of trees walking around. Then Jesus fixed that so he saw people rather than walking trees. I think medically this is documented too, that if a person was born blind, the brain hasnā€™t learned how to process what he sees so even when medical science allows the person to see, he still canā€™t process what his eyes are sending his brain because he never learned it as a part of his development process, and doctors canā€™t do much about it.

I donā€™t know but maybe covid affects the brain too?

1 Like

Problem sorted then. @TaipAmy just needs to go find Jesus to fix the condition.

1 Like

He wonā€™t help my friend. I just belittled him in the Twitter/Elon thread.

1 Like

Everyone is all over the place. Last time, she had to do a test on day 4 and day 7.

This timeā€¦day 1 and day 7.

The government have really dropped the ball on this.

Teachers demanding kids to do rapid tests and send in the result. Feels very weird to me.

2 Likes

So, hereā€™s whatā€™s happening in my little town.

Oldsters are putting out chairs and stools with their umbrella on them to save their places in line for the Covid rapid tests.

People suck.

7 Likes