Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

We had contact with him yesterday ,specially my 1yr old son.

For now… Me, wife and son the RAT shows Negative.

If is helpful , i will keep updated my son’s evolution/ symptoms IF in the following days comes positive ( Pray for not )

5 Likes

So what is the point of going for the pcr?

They will just send him home to wait it out.

Exactly. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Since the pandemic began, PCR has been the way positive cases have been identified. I am surprised that this would be a surprise to anyone in Taiwan.

Guy

Thanks Mr Obvious.

So he gets confirmation……so what?

Positive…go home.

Negative…go home.

1 Like

The outcome has a huge difference in terms of household and other contacts.

If negative, then off we go, at least until the next round.

If positive, and if you’ve been sharing meals and the like, then we’re now close contacts, and subject to 4+3.

If positive, and you just chatted briefly with masks on, then perhaps we’ll be deemed casual contacts, with instructions on monitoring our health.

I get that the rules are shifting and hard to follow at times, so perhaps the “obvious” things are not always clear to people.

Guy

1 Like

If they were completing the tests and notifying contacts within a reasonable time frame that would make sense.

They aren’t.

Sorry, I am not aware of test processing times right now in Pingtung.

Just doing what I can to explain why the outcome matters.

Take care all,

Guy

1 Like

Getting a at home testing kit is a faff. Wish I hadnt bothered ssying to work that I had symptoms now and had just had the day off claiming I the shits instead. So I could skip the hassle of finding a test kit.

Taiwan really gives you zero reason to do thr right thing with this.

5 Likes

They should test you for having eaten cabbage instead.

My school tried to get me to jump that high. I told them to ship me a test kit or find someone to fill in for me. They told me to show up for work and they’d give me a test kit. Had no symptoms. They simply wanted me to test a 2nd time. Well, give me the GD test

3 Likes

If they demand a test, they should provide it.

Are the kids being tested? Why is it that teachers have to jump through hoops?

2 Likes

If I understand correctly, your girlfriend’s daughter is the close contact, and your girlfriend and possibly you are a close contact of a close contact? So that would mean, according to the discussion I just found again in the April thread, that either you nominate one of you to stay in and quarantine with her while the other one can go out, or you can take it in turns. Unless the rules have changed. Can anyone else confirm this?

BAhahahhaha. Do you have to pay for the insane asylum? Could be a good alternative to the hotels and cold food.

I don’t live with my girlfriend, I was comparing separate incidents with her daughter and my son.

But yeah there are several options for families, where either one parent stays in with the child, or the child isolates alone and both parents can go out. But I’ve also heard that the parental isolation is a “recommendation”, and they can both go out if they need to work. Don’t take my word for it, this is hearsay.

You can also apply for NT$1000/day compensation for both the child and the isolating parent: https://swis.mohw.gov.tw/covidweb/home/index.jsp

2 Likes

Sorry, I thought I’d read your post carefully but still managed to misunderstand.

It sounds like you know more about the situation than I do. I can only speculate that maybe it’s only hearsay because in trying to slow the spread the CECC doesn’t want everyone to know that is an option unless they personally fight for it.

This is what we got from the school:

選擇二#在家照顧不接觸:若家裡有一人一室的獨立空間,學生自己在房間隔離,家長(或照顧者)可以選擇再門外輪流陪伴,如此不用指定一個居家隔離者,家長(或照顧者)外出也不會受到限制。

Option 2# Care at home without contact: If there is an independent space for one person and one room at home, and the student is isolated in the room, parents (or caregivers) can choose to accompany them outside the door. person) going out will not be restricted.

But it’s unclear where that comes from, or whether it’s official CECC policy.

2 Likes

Update: The PCR of my Father In Law came out Positive.

We first got contact with him on Friday, by Sunday he started with sore throat and was our last contact with him. The whole day he babysit our son.

So what I know is this: if we count from friday to Today = 4 days. We 3 ( Wife, baby and Me) we still Negative at the Rapid Test.

We don’t have any symptoms, same fhe baby. We are monitoring him every hour checking his body temp. Until now everything fine.

But considering that the covid need at least 5 day to incubate and show symptoms…lets see

5 Likes

I think 5 days is already on the long end for omicron, but if your last contact with him was on Sunday and you spent the whole weekend together, yeah, you probably want to give it a bit longer.

1 Like

Where are you guessing that he contracted it?