Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

20kNTD is on the low end… I’m staying in a 2-star quarantine hotel after arriving last Tuesday for $21kNTD ($3,000/night) and it was one of cheaper ones (I do have a window, though, so it’s definitely possible to go cheaper)

6 Likes

6 Likes

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Taiwan Open - April/May 2022

3 Likes

Interestingly, the only one without any Chronic Disease History was a woman in her 90’s who had 3 vaccine doses.

1 Like

90s with no chronic diseases??? more chance of seeing a unicorn

5 Likes

I am sure all of those non boosted contacts are going to stay in. what about kids? They still need to stay in for 3 plus 4?

1 Like

And the Overseas Arrivals are still treated the same as Positive Cases, no matter what tests came back negative, no matter how many vaccinations.

5 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Share your Covid Experience Here

They could be testing sewage, that would probably be the smartest option

Edit: 1000 specifically, erm, exactly!

1 Like

I think people would freak out if the released the numbers from sewage testing.

1 Like

@Icon mentioned a feisty, swift-running, wall-jumping Shanghai lady who seems pretty healthy:

She probably saw the Quarantine team coming to weld them inside, so took off while she could. The oldies can run, given the right reward. :grinning:

2 Likes

Oh that video is awesome. First she hits them with her cane…then outruns them white clad goons. It was like the third time they attempted taking her in… allegedly positive.

4 Likes

The elderly can get away with lots of things. Us youguns would be tossed into jail for the same.

Covid Stats For 2022-05-17

Local = 65,794

Airport = 18

Quarantine = 21

Deaths = 38

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

6 Likes

Based on that interactive map, there are no districts or townships in Taiwan that are not reporting cases.

Guy

1 Like

Damn. My Zero Covid Paradise, Maolin, fell…

It’s over! Open the country! We won the COVID Games!

Unfortunately there will still be more twists and turns along the way before we can start to make declarations of triumph. :neutral_face:

Guy

We won the game, we’re the last one standing.

3 Likes