Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

Don’t be such a killjoy.

1 Like

Just keepin’ it real.

But if you want some good news, how about this: we have some of the best vaccines in the world, state of art medical technology, and a large stockpile of antivirals in Taiwan. This won’t save everyone, alas, but the situation we’re facing would be vastly worse without these things.

Guy

1 Like

2 Likes

I guess those “new cases” would need to be listed as “per million people” or something like that for the chart to really mean much.

Guy

2 Likes

3 Likes

For the folks getting infected and dealing with serious outcomes, the process seems alarmingly fast—at most a week, and sometimes just a couple of days, from diagnosis to dying.

If the antivirals the government has stockpiled are to be of use, the health authorities will need to find ways to move faster to help these people. Either that or the numbers of fatalities will continue to pile up in the upcoming weeks.

Guy

3 Likes

They must be waiting before getting tested. Some of those are same or next day test date, confirmed date, and death.

Is the moral of the story to get tested as soon as you suspect something is off?

They tested. They knew. But they probably wanted to ride it out at home and not line up in the rain to have it confirmed. But suddenly took a turn for the worst.

I guess some of the ones who tested and died on the same day probably went into hospital for something else and tested positive though. Some are old people with many things wrong.

Oh I see what you’re saying. You’re probably right. And I guess you can’t blame them for wanting to stay at home.

3 Likes

Or they were going to die anyways and just happened to also have Covid.

We are all going to die anyways, but I agree that all the stats we’re getting in the daily pressers are basically meaningless.

I hope they give up on this virus ASAP, but I fear it will be dragged out. Cue the usual suspect in three, two, one…

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

Anyone got stats to average daily deaths in Taiwan last May (or a normal May without an outbreak) and this May? That would be useful.

That I agree with. We’ll see how the fatalities look compared to average deaths after this omicron waves moves through.

Guy

1 Like

Nevermind…
The data after 2020 is just projected.

Anyone know where to get real data on Taiwan?

https://www.mohw.gov.tw/lp-5256-2.html

The above is official data

It seems to me, on this forum and everywhere, too much time is being devoted to worshipping the Great Corona

4 Likes

Only good to 2020 like every other site unfortunately.

How hard is it to have deaths by day, week, month and year up to the current date on a simple to find government website?

Sure, but is serves as a good reference for ‘normal’. Pre 2020 should even more meaningful. Haven’t gone through it, and probably won’t as I don’t really care what it reveals. But surely it will show that in the big picture, 99% of all the bullshit we are fed, is simply just that, but we lap it up.

Prof. Norman Fenton publishes occasional screeds on the terrible quality of gov’t COVID data. One has to wonder why, after chucking however-many trillion dollars down the toilet, they couldn’t have found a bit of spare change among their pocket lint to fund some proper data collection.

Of course, it couldn’t be that the data are deliberately obfuscated, precisely so that nobody could ever figure out what on earth was going on …

Taiwan is interesting in that they do at least post details about the people who supposedly died of the lurgy, and their vaccination status. I don’t think any other country has done that, although several have released statistics indicating that almost nobody died without comorbidities. The vaccines probably do work up to a point, but since they obviously do not protect against being old and sick, the real-world result is that they do almost nothing.

3 Likes

Pharmacies are reporting a shortage of acetaminophen rectal fever reducers. Apparently they are sold out island wide.

I know of 3 different parents who had to use it to reduce extremely high fevers in their children this week.

Can it be imported?
61-+I8igQSL.AC_SX425_PIbundle-3,TopRight,0,0_SH20
51HqHxAdJBL.AC

2 Likes