Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

Somebody posted in these threads that anything over 30CT is now negative. Might this be the cause?

2 Likes

Told yous :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Damn you are connected. With you and @Marco on this board, itā€™s like having a direct line to our government. :upside_down_face:

Guy

I knows what I talkings about!

People still argue with me. Iā€™m not advocating, I just know how they behave and that is in part due to the fact that I talk to them and get a feel for how they think.

@trillium should be happier that they reduced it further.

I just used my connection to the internet :wink:

5 Likes

I have nhi with an even number and arc with odd number , soooo i can get it anyday?

Probably

A post was merged into an existing topic: From coronavirus

I expect it will be further shortened, and eventually cut entirely, once the entirety of Taiwan is overrun with omicron.

Disclaimer: I have no inside connections or knowledge; this is just my speculation.

Guy

4 Likes

Wow, 7+7 instead of 10+7, what an achievement. Next will be 5+7, 3+7, 3+4 and then we might have november :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

I wonder if the airports are ready for the influx of visitors once quarantine is zero and restrictions are removed? I imagine airports have scaled back staff massively

3 Likes

My hubby arrives tonight. Heā€™s just missed the shorter quarantineā€¦ Iā€™m going to stay in a hotel so he can have run of the apartment.

11 Likes

Maybe they like using prime numbers.

Can anyone clarify about the ā€œself managementā€ malarkey? So if my parents arrive, what does that mean? Could I take them to restaurants during that period? Would they just have to sit around my apartment or hotel room without going out? How strict is it from a practical standpoint?

2 Likes

I think of it as 90% free. Canā€™t go to restaurants. Need to avoid crowds But can go to do other things.

1 Like

I didnā€™t see that, but if itā€™s true it would plausibly explain why the imported cases have been so low the last couple of days. Have they really changed it?

(Itā€™s also what I would do if I wanted to nominally reduce the number of cases. :whistle:)

There is only so much space in that box for the numbers. If it goes over 100k, we wouldnā€™t be able to read the number.

Surprised they didnā€™t keep the old rate for imported cases and say over 30 for local is negative.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s a self-health management related question every week on multiple threads.

In January 2022 during the 7+7+7 ā€œeraā€, I was told by one 1922 officer that I could dine-in as long as I was doing so alone / with family who I live with. Another officer told me that it was just not allowed whatsoever. There is an ā€œofficialā€ document that hasnā€™t been revised in over a year.

Covid Zero is not a thing anymore and Taiwan couldnā€™t care less about an ā€œimportedā€ case that somehow only tests positive after quarantine. I believe there are no QR code scans anymore as well.

In fact I think if someone tests positive now during the self-health management period theyā€™re probably more likely to have caught it due to contact with a local case, and shouldnā€™t even be classified as an imported caseā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah. :laughing:

Though it seems like them reducing the threshold should have caused temporary decreases/plateaus in local cases, imported cases, and the positivity rate at around the same time, which doesnā€™t seem to be the case.

That certainly was the case.