Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments May/June 2022

Currently, no. In principle, no dining in person during that time.

No. They are free to go out, just need to wear masks and avoid crowds.

So enjoy your days out, then do take-out or uber/Panda and enjoy food together at home.

Guy

3 Likes

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Corrected! :grin:

Guy

only with express specific consent

1 Like

@afterspivak I’m sure you’ll agree, regardless of vaccine-status, some of those in the ‘nearly 90yrs’ age group, when combined with multiple chronic illnesses, will inevitably succumb to any infection, whether Covid, influenza or pneumonia…

1 Like

One key difference is that with COVID they will almost certainly die alone, in isolation, without visits. It does not seem like a great way to say goodbye.

Guy

5 Likes

Sadly that is a fact… For those labelled with ‘The Plague’ it surely is a sad and depressing way to leave

But that’s a feature of policy, not of the disease. It’s a man-made problem, and it could be easily changed.

It would seem reasonable to me at this point to allow family members to say goodbye rather than forcing their loved ones to die alone. As with most previous infectious but relatively mild diseases before COVID came along.

The hospital can get them to sign a consent/waiver form if necessary, or make them isolate at home for a few days after.

4 Likes

The policy part is indeed a key factor here, as the health authorities still view this illness as part of a pandemic and not (yet) an endemic disease we simply live with, like the other infections mentioned above by wombat.

Guy

Even without having Covid, many died alone in other parts of the world because of Covid Protocols.

2 Likes

Taiwan and China the only places in the world that still doing quarantine? I just walked into the United States, things are completely normal. 0% chance I’ll be going back to Taiwan with those quarantine rules in place, unless somebody pays me a fat lump sum of money for me to go sit and waste my time in quarantine.

2 Likes

Japan is doing quarantine.

Canada is doing quarantine for unvaxxed.

6 Likes

South Korea:

All travelers to Korea must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours of their departure. There is a mandatory 7-day quarantine upon entry for travelers who are unvaccinated or who do not register their vaccination status prior to entering Korea.

Source: COVID-19 Information - U.S. Embassy & Consulate in the Republic of Korea.

Guy

6 Likes

a few places have some sort of quarantine, especially for the unvaxxed.

@KINGKONGDONK maybe you should try Turkmenistan

2 Likes

you can’t go anywhere unless you are vaccinated anyway, unless you are that big of a anti vaxxer then enjoy your quarantine, but taiwan has quarantine for both the unvaccinated and vaccinated.

Surely soon it’ll all be dropped. those cases are going up up and away. unless mayor KO locks you all up.
65,687 Tested, 39.91% to average 35.1698% positivity

you might see it hit 50%

I’ve been back in Europe, for a month now. Here, my sister got Covid 2 weeks ago, her baby (who is 7 months old) was negative, it came as a big surprise, so maybe very young babies don’t catch Covid easily?

Anyone having difficulty finding tests can try to get some from HK.
A friend sent me a box that arrived with 20 tests inside. She said they are abundant and cheap there.

2 Likes

Shocking really, that it might be quicker for me to import some from HK than it would be to get one at my local pharmacy.

Shambles.

My work is telling me I need a rapid test to determine when I can go back to work. Fair enough. But if I can’t get one, then that’s a load of bollocks.

Word of advice to anybody who gets symptoms—just don’t bother mentioning it. It’s way more hassle than it’s worth. I wish I hadn’t bothered doing the right thing and letting them know.

I’m 99% certain it is COVID I have. The symptoms match, and it just seems way too coincidental that I go like 2-3 years without having a flu AT ALL (Thanks masks) and then get one just at the same time that Omicron is sweeping the country.

8 Likes

My daughter’s classmate had covid. She sits directly behind my daughter. After a week off, the whole class were apparently negative.

Went back today and five people didn’t come because they don’t feel well. Basically the five classmates who sit around the positive girl and my daughter.

So they all tested negative yesterday and all got sick with something else today??

Teacher took a pic of class and it looks sus as fuck. Would parents fake a negative?

2 Likes

Apparently a pharmacy near me will have tests in tomorrow … but they’ve also recommended I line up an hour or an hour and a half before to get one.

FFS …

How stupid. So, if I haven’t got COVID now, I am all but guaranteed to get covid if anybody else in the pharmacy has because I’ll be stood next to them for over an hour.

Not to mention, my legs are stiff and weakened and I need to piss every half hour because of the amount of fluids I’ve been drinking. Plus, if you do have covid, aren’t you meant to rest up and recover? Not spend nearly 2 hours waiting in a fucking line?

It makes zero sense.

I wish I’d kept my bloody mouth shut. There is absolutely zero reason to do the right thing.

12 Likes