Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments November-December 2022

I’ve been going through the whole spreadsheet in an attempt to give @afterspivak a proper response to the vaccination question. In doing so I needed to extract those cases where the patient presented with “no chronic conditions”. Scanning through them, I noticed some truly bizarre stuff in the “symptoms” column. For example, at least one of them was DOA, and I would have thought being dead counts as a chronic condition. One of them had “dizziness”, which could be a symptom of all sorts of things from cardiovascular disease to cancer. I’m wondering how many of these people received no medical triage except for a COVID test, and upon testing positive were denied diagnosis and treatment for whatever actually ailed them. We know from a first-hand report here on forumosa that this happens. Were some of these people literally sent home to die?

There’s been a load of bizarre and meaningless stuff in that column. One of the geriatric, snuffed-out-in-the-prime-of-their-life, cancer-or-whatever deaths a couple of weeks ago had both “dizzy” and “dizziness” listed as a symptom. Maybe they were extra dizzy?

2 Likes

Translating this crap has really been an eye opener about not having standards in health reporting.

I have translated about 7 different ways of saying “Difficulty breathing”.

Other ones are really stupid terms such as “edema”. They could simply use “edema” only and on various rare occasions they do. However, they wanna be specific. So, I have right arm edema, left arm edema, right leg edema, left leg edema, edema of the upper extremities, edema of the lower extremities, edema of the right hand, edema of the left hand, edema of the right foot, edema of the left foot, edema of the toes, edema of the fingers and on and on to fucking infinity! It’s so fucking ridiculous. I’m waiting to translate “Penis Edema”! I mean WTF?!

Why can’t they just say Edema and stop there? Because that would be reasonable behavior!

Poor appetite, loss of appetite, decreased appetite, low appetite, blah blah blah.

Thankfully the chronic disease history just says “cancer” and not colon, anal, bladder, skin, lung, blah blah blah.

Abnormal behavior? WTF is that even supposed to mean? A 90+ old fart is not acting normal as opposed to what? Geez!

It’s a shit show!

Rant over.

Back to our regularly scheduled program of non-stop rain in the north coast!

11 Likes

And “asthma” and “respiratory asthma”, IIRC.

1 Like

Taiwan has 10 different names for one item. Worked long enough in retail to know this. There are almost as many names for one item as there are customers.

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2022-11-06

Local = 24,309

Imported = 46

Deaths = 47

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Cumulative Table Of Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

4 Likes

Completed Green2

47 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 6, 2022

There were 47 new local deaths today, including 31 males and 16 females, aged in their 20s to 90s. All had severe infections, 46 had a history of chronic diseases, 27 hadn’t received the recommended 3 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and 20 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was between September 19 and November 3, 2022, and the date of death was between October 2 and November 3.

Click to see detailed cases report

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-06

11月6日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

Cumulative Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

et al

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Coronavirus Open Thread 2022

I was surprised to see the thermometer in the lobby where I work was taken away. I read about this happening, but I was still surprised.

4. No mandatory temperature checks at (most) public venues

From Monday, the CECC will revoke a requirement for business places and certain public spaces to check the temperature of people entering the premises, and will allow the establishments to decide for themselves whether or not to continue the practice.

However, temperature checks will still be required at hospitals and long-term care facilities, due to residents’ higher risk of severe infection.

Taiwan High Speed Rail has said it will continue temperature checks at all of its stations, and will “advise” anyone with a high temperature against boarding a train, though they will not prohibit them from doing so.

4 Likes

I wish there was some statistics on how many people were turned away from the place they were going due to the temperature check.

5 Likes

Any time that even went off, people just would pause for a second then enter anyways.

3 Likes

I would never be refused for being beyond the limits.

I usually have temps too low.

1 Like

Report Completed1

Covid Stats For 2022-11-07

Local = 16,538

Imported = 23

Deaths = 34

5 Likes

I hope covid is taking a vacation

Report Completed1

COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 7, 2022

There were 34 new deaths from local cases today, including 15 males and 19 females, aged in their 30s to 90s. All had severe infections, 33 had a history of chronic disease, 22 hadn’t received the recommended 3 doses of COVID-19 vaccine and 16 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was between September 22 and November 4, 2022, and the date of death was between November 1 and November 4.

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-07

11月7日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

et al

小黑妹

我們今天在白沙灣。08:30 - 12:30

3 Likes

Taipei Times reports on the changes in effect starting today:

More changes coming next Monday November 14, so stayed tuned for further liberalization of isolation rules.

Guy

1 Like

Back to pre-BA.5 numbers (even accounting for the weekend).

Report Completed1

Covid Stats For 2022-11-08

Local = 24,935

Imported = 39

Deaths = 15

3 Likes

Report Completed1

15 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 8, 2022

There were 15 new local deaths today, including 5 males and 10 females, aged in their 40s to 90s. All of them had severe infections, 14 had a history of chronic diseases, 11 hadn’t received the recommended 3 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and 7 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was from September 13 to November 4, 2022, and the date of death was from October 28 to November 5.

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-08

11月8日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

et al

4 Likes

No more masks (guitar riffs)
No more masks (guitar riffs)

1 Like