Coronavirus Taiwan - Specific Developments November-December 2022

Yes, it will be interesting to see… I think regardless of one’s belief regarding efficacy of Covid Vaccination, it is surely easy to imagine why more Senior Men of these age groups are dying.

The fact that many of them also had a DNR indicates firstly the seriousness of their health, and secondly no medical treatment was attempted to revive them, so they simply expired

I cannot imagine anyone simply suffering from a Covid infection (whatever that really is), asking for a DNR to be put on their records

There is no difference in vaccination rates between men and women.

49.1% of the people in the deadpool were vaxed.
57.6% are men, 42.3% women.
Of those who were vaxed, 58.2% were men and 41.8% were women.

These numbers are confounded slightly by the ‘unknown’ vaccine status of some people (~10% of the total) in the sample set. I have assumed these are unvaxed, despite the various annotations used which may or may not mean ‘zero shots’.

I’ll report other findings as I go through the data.

1 Like

Ask QAnon. They know the answers. Do your own research. Watch a Youtube video.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advise, appreciated

1 Like

Aren’t you Mr modern technology!

In my day it was a bloke down the pub.

advice

In the “no chronic diseases” cohort, there is no dramatic difference between the vaccinated and unvaccinated populations in the CECC spreadsheet, implying no effect at the general population level (or, if you prefer, an extremely large NNTV which overlaps with adverse-event territory). Paradoxically this result is more likely to occur even if the vaccines really do work, because the CECC have padded out the spreadsheet with routine deaths who just happened to test positive for COVID. Relative risk for COVID is about 40% (vaxed vs unvaxed) but because COVID is an unimportant risk factor for death in this cohort - the usual top causes dominating - this has no observable impact on absolute risk.

In the case of people with chronic diseases, it’s impossible to compute a meaningful value for absolute risk. However, relative risk appears to be 20% or less, given an apparent reluctance of people with terminal disease to get vaccinated (possibly on medical advice).

This is all in accord with official statements from other countries, where vaccine efficacy for hospitalisation/death varies from roughly 30-50% at the optimum moment after vaccination to some negative number, or zero, thereafter. No noticeable decrease in all-cause absolute risk is observable; Most countries (and Taiwan seems to be similar, although end-of-year stats are not available) are experiencing an uptick in all-cause (non-COVID) mortality.

As noted, differences in male/female vaccination ratios do not explain the difference in the male/female ratio of deaths, which appears to be the same as the expected all-cause ratio; vaccination rate is the same in the male and female groups.

Full discussion here:

1 Like

Completed Red Small

Covid Stats For 2022-11-15

Local = 18,509

Imported = 49

Deaths = 43

Current Severity of Symptoms Statistics

Local Cases By Districts (Interactive Map)

Cumulative Table Of Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

https://covid-19.nchc.org.tw/deathstatistics.php?dt_name=1&downloadall=yes

4 Likes

Completed Red Small

43 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 15, 2022

There were 43 new local deaths today, including 26 males and 17 females, aged from their 50s to 90s. All had severe infections, 42 had a history of chronic disease, 28 hadn’t received the recommended 3 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and 22 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was from September 15 to November 11 today (2022), and the date of death was from October 14 to November 12.

Click to see detailed cases report

No English Translation Today. A CECC Simpleton printed to PDF instead of properly saving to PDF. I can’t easily extract the data for my translation program and I’m in no fucking mood to translate by hand today. Nice going CECC. 智障!!

Your Problem Is Obvious

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-15

11月15日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

Cumulative Table Of New Deaths From COVID-19 In Taiwan

et al

4 Likes

Completed Green2

Covid Stats For 2022-11-16

Local = 22,631

Imported = 61

Deaths = 69

4 Likes

Completed Green2

69 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 16, 2022

There were 69 local deaths today, including 43 males and 26 females, aged from their 50s to 90s. All had severe infections, 66 had a history of chronic diseases, 41 hadn’t received the recommended 3 or more doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and 34 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was from September 21 to November 13 today (2022), and the date of death was from October 25 to November 13.

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-16

11月16日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

et al

No mercy for the bad if they want it.
No mercy for the bad if they plead.
No mercy for the bad if they need it.
No mercy from me.
V - E - N - O - M!

Nikki van Dijk - Ozzie pro surfer!

Local beauty

7 Likes

Completed Red Small

Covid Stats For 2022-11-17

Local = 20,078

Imported = 49

Deaths = 77

4 Likes

Completed Red Small

77 COVID-19 Deaths Reported on November 17, 2022

There were 77 local deaths today, including 46 males and 31 females, aged from their 40s to 90s. All of had severe infections, 76 had a history of chronic diseases, 58 hadn’t received the recommended 3 or more doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and 48 hadn’t received any doses at all. The date of diagnosis was from October 7th to November 14th today (2022), and the date of death was from October 25th to November 14th.

Original CECC Report of 2022-11-17

11月17日新增死亡COVID-19確診個案表.pdf

et al

臺灣國際衝浪公開賽 Taiwan Open of Surfing

臺灣國際衝浪公開賽 Taiwan Open of Surfing

4 Likes

A case of multisystem inflammatory syndrome in children (MIS-C) involving an unvaccinated 9-year-old boy, who had no known underlying health conditions.
The child has now been transferred from an intensive care unit to a general ward and is in stable condition.
It was the 174th case of MIS-C cases in Taiwan this year and the 264th severe case of COVID-19 in children aged 12 and under.

2 Likes

Vaccinate the children! It’s the only way out of this!

I notice nobody has yet managed to explain why Taiwan, uniquely, seems to have a problem with MIS-C in children … or elucidate whether such a problem even exists (that is, whether the occurrence of MIS-C is remarkably different to pre-2022). Nor has anyone demonstrated that anything can be done to prevent it without causing other harms. So one wonders exactly why it’s important to report something that’s about as unlikely as homicide.

1 Like

It’s not like we ignore homicide, is it?

1 Like

True. Sadly, we also don’t see many posters here publicizing the VAERS data for Taiwan, which includes many cases of children injured or that died following vaccination. And counting. Some of those deaths were even in the womb :cry:

No. But think about what the purpose of reporting murder might be. When it comes right down to it, is there any point at all, other than to sell newspapers?

Nobody really needs to know about extreme-outlier events that we can’t do anything about. It doesn’t make anybody’s existence any better. The same is true of the daily “COVID death” report, for that matter. It has absolutely no value as public information. The additional problem with these reports about MIS-C (and note that the article doesn’t even mention whether the kid had symptomatic COVID) is that they seem designed to create more fear among parents so that they’ll enroll their kids in the great vaccine experiment - for what purpose, nobody knows. I don’t think anybody has ever claimed that COVID vaccination might reduce the incidence of MIS-C; if they have, I’d be curious to see what the basis of that claim actually is.

2 Likes

It seems like a “what you don’t know can’t hurt you” approach. However, these things can hurt you, even if the chance is small. I’d rather know about them than not know, and I think there’s a definite value to knowing.

Knowing about things that you can control is one thing. Knowing about completely random events that might (if you are very, very unlucky) strike you down seems useless to me.