😷 COVID | Traveling during Covid-19

Lots of people have same question wondering when and where can fly.

This thread tracks a lot of the constant changing info on places that have flights and welcome visitors from Taiwan.

Don’t really feel like reading over one thousand replies. What’s the latest?

So you want us to read that thread and then post over here for you? :rofl:

It has government references and news sources from all over the world so your choice

2 Likes

I just want to know if anyone knows

OK.

Separately, pre-virus, I know a couple people and I have heard that Vietnam Taiwan office is friendly for spousal visa. One of the largest spouse groups comes from Vietnam so the office has lots of experience. And Vietnam might be one of the earliest easiest places to go to and return during covid.

Vietnam has temporarily suspended visa waivers, issuing of visas and the entry into Vietnam for all foreign nationals. There are a very small number of exceptions for diplomats on official business and certain high-skilled workers. These will be processed on case by case basis. Such applications are required to be led by Vietnamese employers who must work directly through individual provincial government offices. The requirements and process may differ from province to province. The costs of quarantine, both in government centres and designated hotels, must be paid by those arriving or their employers.

Do you know any suitable employers in Vietnam?

What is your nationality? Though it doesn’t make much sense, many of the entry rules in various countries is based on nationality, not necessarily where you’re coming from.

UK :frowning:

Hankering to travel between SFO and TPE?

United apparently is planning to resume service on that useful route beginning on November 1, with an anticipated three flights weekly:

Guy

4 Likes

Family back home asked me today if I could get back in Taiwan if I left.

I said yes because I’m a resident. Happy about that.

But I’m not leaving anytime soon.

6 Likes
3 Likes

AFAIK You can only get required documents for marriage visa if your a British national from UK and HK.

I plan on visiting a relative in TW on a visitor visa for 90 days, which I believe is the maximum duration, starting around Nov 1. TECO told me that if I authenticate my birth certificate, I can request a 90 day extension while in Taiwan, but they were unable to provide any other details because it’s a different department. I went ahead with the authentication, and want to know if anyone here has any background on the extension process. Thanks!

It is a very straightforward procedure. You just need to visit NIA with your documents few weeks before the expiration date of your visa. In addition to your birth certificate, you also need a household register of your visa sponsor, which you may get in Taiwan.

2 Likes

I done it a number of times, @tando yes few weeks before not before 1 month of leaving.

You need passport print out of last 3 months bank statements, a receipt from ATM, your bank card and PASSPORT.
Address where you will be living, and a short letter saying why and what reason to stay, I wrote first time tourism, they was happy with that.
They take your passport return week later to collect with Visa extension.

I’m assuming your Canadian or British.

Thank you @tando and @Safari, do you know the allowed length of extension? I am a U.S. Citizen. TECO here in NYC said I will need an authenticated US Birth Certificate, but did not mention the other documents.

Safari might explain about extension of visa exempt entry for Canadian or British.

Unless you are sponsored by a gold card holder, the total stay length should not exceed 180 days, so another 90 days would be allowed.

Here is an instruction of visitor visa extension in Mandarin.
外僑停留延期申請須知
https://www.immigration.gov.tw/5385/7244/7250/7317/7329/29651/

From your another post on your grandmother’s document, guessing you get your visitor visa as a family/relative of a resident (Taiwanese citizen, in your case), which corresponds to 探親者 in the instruction.

要帶什麼 What you need are
一、 申請書1份 application form
二、 護照正本 passport
三、 相關證明文件: relevant documents
(一)探親者: visiting a family
1. 被探親屬之戶口名簿、3個月內之戶籍謄本或外僑居留證。 Hukou of your visa sponsor
2. 親屬關係證明(如結婚證書、具父母資料之出生證明等)。 proof of your relationship to the sponsor, which is your birthcirtifiate

You might need a proof of parent-child relationship of your parent and grandmother, and I assume it can be proved by a birth registration in Hukou in Taiwan. If not, you might need to prepare the proof in US too.

Thank you! Interesting that TECO said my birth certificate requires auth in USA while the online site doesn’t show anything.

Actually, TECO is right. If you see the application form (外國人居(停)留案件申請表) on the site, it says

國外文件需經我國駐外館處認證始得在國內使用. Documents issued outside of Taiwan MUST be translated into Chinese, and certified by the ROC Embassy, Consulate, or Trade Office abroad.

1 Like