Coronavirus vaccination: pros, cons, alternatives

3 Likes

Since my Moderna primary jab I have had a flare up of what appears to be shingles, Could be coincidence, sure. Ive had it before

Its apparently an anecdotally reported thing, Also apparently no evidence known for a causal link, though I dunno if, or how hard, they’ve looked.

Don’t much like the semantics here though,

COVID-19 vaccines don’t cause shingles, but may lead to flare-ups, experts say

A flare up IS shingles, so one wonders what their criterion for cause would be.

Spontaneous generation of the measles virus, perhaps?

Seem pretty weasly words

1 Like

Rashes have been reported after folks have taken AZ. I hadn’t heard of this happening with Moderna. I hope you’re doing OK.

Guy

Thanks. No big deal at the moment, though it raises the apprehension level about the second jab, due this afternoon.

With mRNA vaccines, the second dose is said to be the Big Hit, so do take care of yourself.

Guy

Syphilis?

No, unfortunately, it won’t cure that.

Guy

Well, it will if it kills you.

I think there is a Mafia joke along those lines.

The “rashes” are VITT, which can be life-threatening. There was an article about in the BMJ this month. Relatively uncommon (there are enormously conflicting reports about how common) but definitely more common than you would like, particularly in younger people.

14.9 per million after first dose according to that BMJ article. Dunno if that’s global or UK data, but the general context seems to be UK. Doesn’t appear to distinguish between vaccines so I assume that is all types combined.

Doctor giving my second jab didn’t think the rash looked like shingles, which in the above context isn’t particularly encouraging, though I have no particular reason to suspect VITT.

I’ve had strokes anyway, so if I had another it would be hard to ascribe it to the vaccine.

Given that the syndrome and the treatment recommended are both “novel”, and the treatment fairly elaborate, I’d say you’d be lucky to get it diagnosed or treated in Taiwan at this time.

Actually that was gonorrhea, which works better.

Luigi : “Yo Tony, Hows Marcia? Aint seen her around for a while?”
Tony (grimly) “She died. Of gonorrhea”
Luigi: "You can die of gonorrhea?
Tony: “You can if you give it to me”

3 Likes

How do we know what batch the vaccine is coming from?

1 Like

Contact the manufacturer and tell them the batch number.

Who exactly is “Business Game Changers” and why should we trust them?

Honest question!

Guy

There is an “About” link on that page, feel free to read it - while holding a barf bag - just another failed Business person who set up a ‘consulting shop’ and claims this and that.

1 Like

If you think it’s BS, you could always query the VAERS system and conduct your own analysis. But if it’s true, it would neatly explain how the vaccines can be simultaneously “safe and effective” while also racking up tens of thousands of serious adverse event reports. In fact it’s something I would expect vaccine fanatics to seize upon as wonderful news, since it would imply that the vaccines are killing people not because they’re inherently flawed but because of some sort of manufacturing error (or sabotage).

Of course it’s much easier just to use the “random guy on the internet is probably wrong” argument than to go and do some research and some thinking.

The original article was posed by theexpose.uk (if you care to read it, the author appears to have done his legwork, and you are at liberty to criticize his/her reasoning). Your ad hominem attack on “Business Game Changers” is not just lazy but completely irrelevant; BGC are just reposting someone else’s observations.

What attack did @afterspivak supposedly levy against Business Game Changers?

Did you read his post?

I was replying to yingaussie.

I just think it’s pretty funny that the vaccine cheerleaders are dissing an article that (had they actually bothered to read it) could, from one viewpoint, support the vaccination programme.

I saw this thread and thought I’ll throw my 2 cents in.

I’m still in Australia and personally know one young guy that took the Pfizer for work and ended up in hospital with myocarditis.

I also know two people who have minor heart issues after it. That said, most people I know including my dad we’re fine taking it.

I’d like to take the Novavax one. The Taiwanese one also looks reasonable, if it’s still available?

On the COVID side I know one person who went to hospital for oxygen but didn’t end up feeling too bad, just had low oxygen and was sent there, and one old 80 year old who almost died on a ventilator, but she survived.

There was also a local doctor that died from COVID but I have no idea on the details or if he was vaccinated or not.

DYOR.

Since none of them do anything useful unless you’re in an at-risk demographic, the only point of getting vaccinated is to get the barcode on your forehead, so I’d choose something that’s recognised by the New World Government as a valid vaccine for travel purposes. The Taiwan vaccine is not one of those.

1 Like