Coronavirus Vaccine Discussion

Makes sense that multiple vaccinations for generally healthy people could divert resources from those who need it more, if the supply chain works that way. I need to do more reading in the situation in Israel, but it seems like the vaccine is offering protection still.

"### If you get infected, being vaccinated helps.

The good news is that among Israel’s serious infections on Thursday of this week, according to Health Ministry data, the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people over age 60 (178.7 per 100,000) was nine times more than the rate among fully vaccinated people of the same age category, and the rate of serious cases among unvaccinated people in the under-60 crowd (3.2 per 100,000) was a little more than double the rate among vaccinated people in that age bracket.

The bad news, doctors say, is that half of Israel’s seriously ill patients who are currently hospitalized were fully vaccinated at least five months ago. Most of them are over 60 years old and have comorbidities. The seriously ill patients who are unvaccinated are mostly young, healthy people whose condition deteriorated quickly."

Remember the Japanese woman who was on the news because allegedly after she took the Moderna vaccine, she lost her hair. Well, no straightforward correlation was found and she went on to take her second shot. Her decision? Better hairless than with COVID-19.

4 Likes

Bollocks. It’s like building a spaceship out of discarded motorcycle parts and saying, cha bu duo la!

These people are really a long way up their own asses. If they can successfully land a human on the moon, I’d be more inclined to take them seriously.

I thought this was weird:

One thief got into the building. He rummaged through offices, found a couple of brand new computers, put them in his backpack and left. The strange thing is, two or three days later, another chap banged on the front door saying, “I want to come in.” I said, “You’re not coming in.” He dropped a plastic bag by the door. I called security, thinking it could be a bomb or anything. They came across and said, “Charles, it’s four brand new computers.” I don’t know what the connection was between the two guys, but we ended up with our computers back.

They should have got their IT team to look at those computers. If you want to hack something sensitive, the foolproof way of doing it is to get some compromised hardware into the target environment.

2 Likes

We are big vaccine fans on this thread

3 Likes

And presumably not fans of aerospace engineering. Or IT security.

2 Likes

There is a particular vibe

What’s your take on the computer plant? Regretful thieves, IP theft, or an attempt to edit the vaccine design?

2 Likes

So is Mattel!

British coronavirus vaccine developer Sarah Gilbert has many science accolades to her credit but now shares an honor with Beyonce, Marilyn Monroe and Eleanor Roosevelt: a Barbie doll in her likeness.

1 Like

Great way to honor heroes

2 Likes

Does the article from the Guardian mention the sequence for the ‘vaccine’ originating from the CCP?

1 Like

A medal would have been more appropriate. They could call it the Order of Hancock.

1 Like

This may surprise some here.
I took the shot.
I felt wonderful, invigorated, brimming with vitality.
I will be taking my second shot just as soon as the bartender gets back from his break.

9 Likes

They mention it

1 Like

The vaccine was cobbled together over a weekend based on knowledge gained from similar viruses

Seems ok with me to apply what you know in an emergency

Does it work the AZ vaccine ? Seems to.

And that is proof enough in the pudding

I’m not sure
The other covid vaccines are vastly different

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-31/moderna-jab-spurs-double-pfizer-covid-antibody-levels-in-study?srnd=premium

how does MEDIGEN stack up?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-08-31/moderna-jab-spurs-double-pfizer-covid-antibody-levels-in-study?srnd=premium

Moderna Makes Twice as Many Antibodies as Pfizer, Study Says

Seems like natural immunity is by far stronger than immunity conferred by the Pfizer vaccine. Video from From the Hill TV.

2 Likes

That’s because health care is so profitable. You can’t have the majority of the population get healthy or else the gravy train ends

2 Likes

If one shot made her hairless (assuming) that’s a pretty good sign your body doesn’t want you taking it. Like when I eat KFC. I find it tasty but then I’m sick for hours after. I finally got the hint.

2 Likes

Study:

On same subject:

Don’t think boostaz are the solution:

‘Variants’:

Studies:

https://europepmc.org/article/ppr/ppr232448

3 Likes